people are strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people are strange

Went to a mates 40th last night. Apart from a couple of the older ladies I was the only person not drinking. Saw a few people that I hadnt seen in a while who didnt know that I had gone off the grog. Some people are so insecure when they see that someone is not on the piss like themselves, one of my so called mates couldnt understand why I wasnt drinking and kept offering me beer and got offended after the fourth time when I called him a dumb shit for not listening. He even started grilling another of the boys because he was drinking light beer, calling him all sorts of names. one simple two word reply that I wont repeat shut him right up! Another one of my mates kept telling me how well I was doing and how he admired what I was doing.He is the only one of my mates that I have spoken to about the reasons that i AM NOT DRINKING. Had a lot of pepsi and solo! with all of the free beer and wine on offer I still had a good night. thanks guys. Its a beautiful sunday morning.

to quote tawny 'undrunk is good'
    maxman
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

people are strange

Hi Max - Talk about some heavy pressure! wow--- you did great. I find sometimes if it is too much pressure that it isn't temping anymore. You know what I mean? After a point you just want to say 'look, just shut it!"
    That was great to read.
    Glad you have some friends who are supportive though. Your other mates may have a drinking problemthey are worried about and you are making it difficult for them to ignore it.

Happy Sober Sunday
    Lisa

Comment

people are strange

Hi Max,

Congratulations on standing your ground and starying sober!!!! Isn't it strange that one persons decision to be sober can make others insecure and even angry??? Go figure? Quite frankly, I believe that the people that become upset when one of their "mates" is not drinking, are probably struggling with their own demons regarding alcohol.

As they say, "Misery Loves Company".

Glad to hear that you are having a wonderful Sunday!

KateH
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

people are strange

Good Job Max! I've been in that situation, too.
        If someone asks you if you want a drink once or twice and you turn it down that's one thing, but if they start to make an issue out of it, then they have a problem. It's very easy to turn the situation around so they look like the idiot. As Kate said, "misery loves company"

I'm glad you had a great Sunday morning.

Don

Comment

people are strange

Great on you for standing your ground!
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

people are strange

This will be my next challenge, I can do it alone (I think) but I hope I can do just what you did when put into this situation. Nice one, well done!

Comment

people are strange

Good on you, Maxman! Brilliant. Tell the wombats where to get off.

Proud of you, mate.

Comment

people are strange

Thanks guys couldnt have done it without you and thanks don, I have beaten the beast into submission for now. went back to pick up a few things from my mates place today and they were back on it! a good old aussie tradition. The bloke who was giving everyone a hard time ended up making himself sick! time for another pepsi cheers!
                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

people are strange

Poor ol' soul! Looking at how he acted, would have kept me sobber. MOTIVATION! Good job..

Comment

people are strange

Hi max,
                    I really think that we`re still subject to peer pressure as adults.......can be difficult for friends to accept us becoming non-drinkers, but no "friend" has the right to try to practically bully us into having a drink...........what for??........to be a mirror image of them in drink..........no thanks!!!

Well done for maintaining the courage of your conviction.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

people are strange

nice one maxman,

good for you standing your ground and sticking with the pepsi. sorry but your so called friend sounds like a right DICK HEAD, bet he feels like shite today.
                      hope you enjoy your sunny clear headed sunday.
                      want
                      x

ps. hope i haven't offended
                      AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
                      There's fire in your eyes,
                      Bite me, excite me,
                      I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                      Brings eternal flame.
                      Open me to heaven,
                      To heal me again.

Comment

people are strange

Hi want........was talking to max in chat earlier........the friend does feel like shite for the drink he consumed.........serves him bloody right!!! LMAO

Comment

people are strange

thought he would star, does serve him right, silly, silly man :H
                          AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
                          There's fire in your eyes,
                          Bite me, excite me,
                          I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                          Brings eternal flame.
                          Open me to heaven,
                          To heal me again.

Comment

people are strange

Max, I can not stand people that put pressure on others to drink. Normallly out of their own insecurity as to how much they may be drinking. Well done on saying no and telling your 'mate' where to go.

By the way, shame about the rugby! What a shock that England beat the Aussies!!!!
                            I was even more shocked when France beat New Zealand (huge bummer - I am a kiwi)
                            What a downer (and I am not really into Rugby).
                            Anyway I digress.

Keep up the good work!!
                            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

people are strange

Good on ya Max! You stuck to your convictions and that deserves applause!

:wd: :wd: :wd:

PS What do you mean "older ladies"? Would that be Nana types?

Comment

Working...
                              X