Star`s Fag Blitz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star`s Fag Blitz.

Well, made a promise to myself that I`d make a serious attempt at quitting the fags as of Mon. Oct 8th. Crikey!!!!.........that`s tomorrow, so it is.......lol

O.K., so here`s the plan.
    Am smoking a fag right now and have only 6 of the little blighters left.
    Will happily continue smoking `til I turn in for the night, when I will destroy any fags I may have left.........highly unlikely, but always a slim possibility, I suppose.....

Tomorrow.........not getting out of my pit until 8.45 am, as am collecting my nicotine patches from chemist at 9........I usually only come alive after several fags and cups of tea.......not tomorrow though, eh?

Am really nervous at thought of coping without smoking tomorrow, but as someone who also swore that I had no desire to quit smoking, I am amazed that I now find it such a thoroughly revolting habit, so am determined to give it my best shot.

Despite the fact that I am more aware of the stink of cigarette smoke since I quit drinking, I really think I am not in for an easy ride on this one.

Not to worry........still have 6 fags left to "enjoy". lol

Starlight Impress x

Star`s Fag Blitz.

Good for you, Star. I have one suggestion. Since smoking is such an "oral" habit, make sure that you have plenty of sugar free candies or gum to keep your mouth busy. The patch will take care of the nicotine cravings, but your mouth will probably want something to do too. So, unless you have someone to kiss on a regular basis (like 24/7), stock up on "mouth toys". Sugar free stuff will also help you avoid some of the weight gain, too.

Good luck, kiddo!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

You can do it Star!

Let's make a list of all the reasons Star should quit that nasty habit....

#1. Smoking is very un-ladylike.....it's so not you

anyone else?

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

It makes you stink!
        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

Nah.......am outta luck Kathy.......no current beau, so nothing to kiss!! lol
          My main concern is that I`ve done really well with the weight loss since quitting drinking, but still have an excess 10 lbs to go, so don`t want to replace fags with munching. Definitely will take your advice and stock up on the sugar-free goodies.....thanks.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

Exactly Flip........I soooooooo stink........I`m rotten!!!! lol

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

well done star if you can handle it most people that drink do smoke its hard to give up one and not the other..........i tried the patches myself but went back to the kick start of several cups of tea and a few smokes in the mornin 2 get me going!:clapclap: if you can handle it good luck all the best mitch

a day at a time:ey: mitch highlander
              Nothing improves the memory more than trying to forget.

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

Something really simple, yet effective, that I used when I stopped was taking really deep breaths when I thought I needed a smoke. It sends a huge amount of oxygen to your brain and changes the chemicals giving you a rush. It also reminds you that you have LUNGS that need fresh air once in a while!

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

It coats your lungs in back ooze, stopping your brain from getting oxygen.

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

yeah flip mitch stinks(before you say it) but dont care:moon: :H it is a disgusting smelly habit lol:H
                    Nothing improves the memory more than trying to forget.

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

Good luck Star. I'm neither brave nor bold enough to try to give up the ciggies while working on the alcohol.

BTW, last time I tried to quite the smokes, I found that sugar free treats made me gassy. Got even with the DH, I fluffed the covers a lot. lol

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

Deep breathing sounds good, Flip.......hey, may even accentuate my cheek bones.

No worries Change.........Chief says I`m a lady, and us ladies don`t do "gas", isn`t that right Flip? LMAO

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

Think of all the money you will save. You can buy new clothes!

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

Already have Don.........they`re another size down..........bought to wear when I shed the last 10 lbs, so have just devised the 11th Commandment..........THOU SHALT NOT MUNCH FAT FODDER!!! lol

Comment

Star`s Fag Blitz.

O.M.G..........another concern has just struck me guys.........I don`t want to be a bad tempered bitch tomorrow.......is sooooooo not me!!! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X