On my way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my way...

I just want to report that I have been feeling so much better than I have in a very very very very long time. Physically, mentally, spiritually.

Getting out of the difficult relationship was huge of course.
    Best of all, I have been drinking significantly less than I had been for many years. When I do drink (two nights a week lately) I drink less and do not have those terrible feelings of shit and guilt. The nights I don't drink are easy and smooth - no terrible cravings and misery.

I have been a much better mom to my girl. I'm more focused and productive at work. I am taking care of responsibilites - like bills and budget, health, household stuff.

Rather than being stuck in anger and resentment and blame in relationships (ex's, parents, etc) I've somehow just let it all go and am taking an honest, non-judgemental look at how I am in relationships.

And - lo and behold - I have a new friend. Myself! I like me again!! Yesterday I spent the entire day at home alone and enjoyed hanging out with myself - and I didn't have a drop to drink! I have hope and commitment to get healthy, and am feeling fine just as I am right here in this moment.

So... just wanted to report the changes... I haven't yet reached my goal of 100% AF but I have come a long way, baby!
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

On my way...

Wow nice to read your post Congratulations!!!!
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

On my way...

You deserve to feel great! Very nice post!!

Comment

On my way...

WOW a HUGE well done to you..... Congratulations ....

Knew you could do it ....
        sigpicXXX

Comment

On my way...

Thank you thank you! I'm just marveling at the difference in how i feel... for months I dreaded getting out of bed because I did not want to face the moments of the life I had created. Now I wake early and feeling good and positive and looking forward to the moments, excited for all the possibilities of what I can do with my time.

And I forgot to mention appreciation to all here... MWO has been wonderful for me, the supplements and being able to share and give and receive support.
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

On my way...

Glad to hear you sounding so happy, Ima........you so deserve it.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

On my way...

You sound great MOW,feels really good dosen't it?
              HugsMar

Comment

Working...
              X