Vaccum cleaner - Any reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hubby bought home a Vax vaccum today. I'd never head of this brand before. It sounds like they have been just introduced in the US, but they've been sold for a while in the UK and Austrailia. Do any of you out there have one of these? Just wondering how good they are and if I should keep it or return it.

Thanks!
    Marcie

Sorry, I've not heard of it.... did you google it ?

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Never heard of it. But I LOVE my Electrolux!
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

i love my roomba!!!

Comment

And I love my va-va-voomba........who needs an old vacuum cleaner!! lol

No, seriously Marcie, mine isn`t a vax, but they`re very popular here, so am assuming the vax is a good brand.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

OmiG, Lucky, I got a roomba for my birthday, !!! My son was so proud to give it to me, he saw me surfing around about it and thought it would help out, he got it on ebay and the battery won't run it for more than like 30 minutes. Maybe it is a refurb or something. Glad you like yours!
            The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Electrolux -- for 30 yrs--fab

Comment

Vax = very good.....depending what sort it is.... I've always had them but... the one that is like a tub on wheels with a hose, attachments and maybe te ability to become a carpet shampoo-er is just great. The best. The one I have now which is an upright one is a disgrace....sucks the pile out of the backing, sounds like a jet taking off, has to be pushed by a body-builder and if it as much as touches anything like the edge of a rug, a sock, even the TV wire (it pulled it clean out of the wall socket!!), that's it - the belt's gone and they're hell to get here plus ?5 each... I've gone through 9 in 3 years...

So, sorry! Hope you've got the first one! I can't use that in this **** house as the carpets are cheap nylon and have to be 'hoovered' with a machine with rotating brushes like the duff one's got. The other one, despite it's greatness can't cope with these tacky, static carpets... but that's the carpet's fault not the machine I am sure; I've had one in 8 different houses now and it's only this one it's not worked in! Hence my buying the upright one - grrrrrr!

End of seminar on Vax's!!! Good luck! (Just don't buy a Dyson - always going wrong seemingly...now open debate!!)

Love FMF xx Editor in Chief of What Vacuum Cleaner Monthly....!
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! FMF, The one hubby got is an upright. I've been looking around for reviews and have found a few. It sounds like either people hate it or love it. I'm not sure what to do, he got it from where he works, so he said if I don't like it I can return it.

I was seriously thinking of a Dyson and he saw this and it is much cheaper and supposed to be stronger. I guess I'll try it out and see.
                  Marcie

Comment

MM,

May you find the vaccuum that will bring you the most suction happiness!

Comment

Lucky lol lol I myself have a Wonderful DYSON the animal hair one and I love it...

Comment

i will let my roomba race a dyson or vax any day!

Comment

Love the Dyson, especially if you have pets
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

lucky;206036 wrote: MM,

May you find the vaccuum that will bring you the most suction happiness!
                            :H Thanks Lucky.

I looked at the animal vaccum a couple months ago, but couldn't spare $400 to buy it so had not thought about it in a while, then hubby brought home a vax tonight which is normally $200, but he got it on special where he works for $120. Pretty darn good deal as long as it sucks!
                            Marcie

Comment

yes, you need strong suction for success. please let us know how your experimentation goes. i know it takes lots of practice.

i never thought i would be following a vaccuum suction thread. wonders never cease.

happy sucking!

Comment

Working...
                              X