Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suicide?

I was so sad.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Suicide?

Ok beatle...

Now you have me scared. Please let me know you are ok... I am here and waiting..

Please respond to this ASAP

Beth
    formerly known as bak310

Comment

Suicide?

Of course we`re your friends beatle.........please don`t be sad and despairing. You`ve got your beautiful kids and the rest of your life ahead of you..........a life that WILL be free of booze........it`s a most difficult road we travel, beatle, but we`ll all get there sooner or later.

Love you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Suicide?

Beatle. Stop. I know that down and out alcohol-induced depression; been there a few times in my life. Look at your children and tell yourself you would NEVER do that to them. Please. You have been quiet around here lately. Not that logging into an internet forum can neccesarily cure depression, but the comraderie and understanding we all have of this ugly addiction is something that can help lift the fog. Please let us know you are okay.....
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Suicide?

Beatle!

What would your babies do with out you? They need their mom, badly.

I want you to do something. i don't know where in this big world you are but would you please call a crisis line and ask for some help. Do that now, please.

The person on the other end of the phone will help you deal with these feelings.

They won't ask for your name, unless you want to give it to them.

Depression sneaks up on us and is such a bastard. I bet 80% of us here have felt this way at one time or another.

I have.

It will get better. You will feel better. I promise.

Please go and pick up the phone and call the operator.

Love you.

nancy xxx :l
          ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
          I am in the next seat.
          My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Suicide?

Beats--- please don't do anything drastic. It is the alcohol speaking, not you. I have been down that road so many times before.

Please go and discard the remaining alcohol you have in the house. Put on some coffee or tea. Eat some toast to absorb it.

Quitting drinking is so hard. One thing we have to do is not punish ourselves through it.

Your kids need their mom. The one very thing that preventing my own suicide was my children... no matter how bleak my life looked and how lost I was in the pit of despair.

You are a worthy person who deserves a happy, fulfilling life. You can have this. You had just returned from your business trip/holiday and your drinking had escalated again. You can get back on track my friend, I know this!

Is there someone you can call? Is your husband around or is he working out of town? I can give you my telephone number if you need someone to talk to. Or if you want you can give me yours and I will call you. This will save you on the money for long distance charges. I will send you mine anyway.

Please keep reaching out. We are here for you. :h

Comment

Suicide?

BEATLE,
              Please follow Magic's advice!!!! I can't tell you how many times I have felt at the end of my rope!! BUT, life is worth living. Think of how much you will be missed by your babies???????? Keep trying, you are worth it! I know it is hard and sometimes the fight gets to you, think back to a day when you felt good. Hold on to that!!!!! We love you! You are loved!

Comment

Suicide?

Beatle,

I am new here & realized that I could not go cold turkey -- I went to my psychiatrist because I felt SO LOW... she challenged me to please limit caffeine and alcohol for one month & that the depression would lift but by even drinking 1 glass of wine per night (I am a pretty small person) that my body would not kick the depression -- it is clinical and it is body chemistry gone awry ... I'm going to give it a shot... I have to... please try too?
                BabyGirl

Comment

Suicide?

Thank you all. I'm ok, I think. I put the kids to bed, with lots of cuddles, seems like they intuitively feel something is not so right as they were more clutchy than usual. Is it because of how I feel? Is it because of the alcohol? I don't know. I'm just realizing that my life is falling apart. I can't keep this up any longer. I wish I could believe you Starlight and KNOW I will have a life free of booze, and Lushy, I do look at my children and think, I have to be here for them, but actually, then I feel like I have to NOT be here for them right now. I think no mom is better than a drunk mom. I've disappointed so many people that I can't hold up my head anymore. I am trying but I am failing. It is a terrible thing to try and fail.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Suicide?

Beatle, hope you are feeling a bit better now. It's 9pm here, so hopefully your less depressed.We have all been where you are now, I was myself recently, but it does
                    pass. Once you put the drink down you will feel better. Take care of you and your
                    children. Paula.x

Comment

Suicide?

Oh beatle, I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. It is the alcohol talking and driving you into depression I've been there as well. keep the thought of you kids in your head and don't do this to them. Remember that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You can beat this.

:l
                      Marcie

Comment

Suicide?

Beatle, that`s just where you`re sooooooo wrong........my gran, a teetotaller all her days, always used to say, "Better a drunk mother than no mother"........yes, that came from a woman who never drank in her life, but she did have 11 children and knew just how much kids need their mother..........just as yours need and love you.

We`re everything to our kids beatle..........they can never replace you........would never be the same without you. Yes, it`s hard to foresee the end of the booze battle, but have faith.........you will get there........you just have to keep fighting the good fight like the rest of us.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Suicide?

I think we were posting at the same time, glad your ok. Of course you can hold your
                          head up. x

Comment

Suicide?

Thank you so much everyone, I am feeling a wee bit better now, a bit more rational...Still, it seems to me that departing this life would actually make things easier all around. My husband is tired out of this "game" (I have lied and concealed my problem for years) and the kids would all be fine without me, I know that. I'm not sure about better a drunk mother than no mother. If it is true, I'll stick around. My kids are important to me. But I feel I am doing them more harm than good. Love is not enough, obviously. At any rate, I think I will be kicked out tomorrow.

Comment

Suicide?

Can you see a doctor? For the depression? I think it is imperative to deal with the underlying issues in order to get the alcohol out of our lives.

I use to feel that my kids were better off having no mom than a drunk mom. I really, honestly felt they would be way better off. Looking back, I am grateful I didn't take my life. Life is really worth living. You are here and you want to be well. There is still a fighter in there somewhere. Keep fighting Beatle!

Comment

Working...
                              X