Suicide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suicide?

Yes it helps to pray...and we are all praying for you.

Comment

Suicide?

yes....I am not religious, but do what ever it takes..pray, cry, watch tv. talk to us....anything, just don't drink, and wait another day. You are NOT thinking rationally now (well a little more than before) and you are loved by your children, your family and all of us. SO, you need us to tell you how important your life is, and that it can and WILL get better, even if you can't see that now. AND you are very much needed. What Cheif said should really hit you hard if nothing else here did....your kids would never get over the loss of you.

Beth
      formerly known as bak310

Comment

Suicide?

Beatle, I honestly think it does help even if you don't believe in God. Just to believe there is a power, source, entity out there that is bigger than us is enough, whatever that is to you. Take Care and glad you checked in.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Suicide?

ok, I am praying now. I really want there to be an entity out there bigger than me (as long as it is not AA haha)... Can anyone tell me how to know?
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Suicide?

You just have to believe....
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Suicide?

Please tell me HOW then...
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Suicide?

beatle, glad you're with us. And we have a lot in common. I wish I had the faith I once had. But you know, when it goes, you just can't wish it back. I prayed last weekend. I felt like a hypocrite, but so what? It really helped the way I felt. I didn't get anything out of AA, cause I'm a thick skull. I think the whole "higher power" thing for me though, is not a divine spirit really. It is more about being humble. To say, hey, I've had the weight of the world on my shoulders for 35 years. I'm not this strong. I can't carry this weight anymore. You could not ask that of anyone. So, I think I feel where you are coming from. Just feeling the love on this thread has to account for something, right?
                where does this go?

Comment

Suicide?

Beatle, many people do not believe in God.......I find it difficult to relate to religion to a certain extent, but I do believe.........I don`t know if there`s a God as such........my God is that there is a "good force" in life........that is what I hold dear in times of strife.

We`ll all be O.K., you know.......we`re all in this together........and we all love you.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Suicide?

Morrison, I'm humble as shit. I can pray, I can do it. But don't you have to have some belief? I mean do I just have to believe, as beaches says? What is wrong with me?-- what is the good force Startlight talks about? Why don't I connect with it?

Comment

Suicide?

For me I just have to know that everything will work out someway or somehow. I don't know how to answer your question. It's just a belief that I have that we aren't in this life alone. We have a path and we are walking it and living it and no matter how terrible it gets it has to get better ,it has too and that is what I think during times of crisis and what helps me make it through. I pray for the guidance and the answers to get back on the path and to sort things out in my life when I need too. Hope that helps a little.

Comment

Suicide?

Beatle,

I always remember a scene from Stephen King's book The Stand where one of the protaganists, Nick, is told by the old woman in the corn field that God has a plan and Nick needs to follow the plan God has laid out.

Nike questions her and tells her that he doesn't believe in God.

She replies, (I am paraphrasing, here) "That's okay, Nick, God believes in you."

I am so glad you are back online. Thank you.

Praying is meditation, too, you know. Answers do not always come quickly, and in our case, they seem to be coming a lot slower than we would like but never give up trying, Beatle.

I, do, believe in God and have faith that He/She will answer my prayers. I just have to remember to listen to what He/She tells me, even if I don't like the answer!!

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Suicide?

Yep - I am not a Christian and I don't attend church. I live in the Bible Belt of Canada, and it is uncommon for someone to not attend church here. But the whole religious thing makes me feel a bit on the crazy side, just as in AA.

But I do believe there is a higher power, somewhere out there. Even if it is Mother Earth, God, or whoever, there is something. I pray - I pray a lot. Getting in touch with your own spirituality it will help you feel better.

Comment

Suicide?

Why should I believe that God believes in me?

Comment

Suicide?

Because he gave you two beautiful children to care for. A true blessing and gift. He/She trusts you to take care of them.

He/She also gave you life. A true blessing. He/She wants you to take care of that, too.

He/She has, however, given you free will. It is much more difficult than if we were just made to be like sheep.

Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Suicide?

I love the children incredibly, but I wish he/she could have left out that drinking gene.
                                ...and what's wrong with sheep?

Comment

Working...
                                X