Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Up With Sups? Repost from MM

I am reposting this to General.

Ok, tried to read a bit in the holistic thread but got a little lost. I ordered the L-Glutamine and Kudzu from MWO and am wondering about correct dosage? Time of day, etc. I am currently supplementing with milk thistle (liver), st. johns wart (mood, very effective when not drinking), C and B complex, black cherry extract, and a herbal sleep thing from GNC (works). Writing this I sound like I have developed another addiction, although I suppose not as bad as the one I seek to kick. Thoughts? Thanks

Hiya Gonegator

What a cute avatar! As for supp dosages, have you read RJ's book yet? She has very carefully worked out recommended dosages for all the various supplements and explains all their uses. If you do not have the book, you can download it from this website for between 10 and 15 dollars. That way you get it right away and have it on your computer. I highly recommend that you read it and that should give you the information you need on supplements.

Many of use have made little adjustments to RJ's recommendations to suit our own needs, but RJ has done so much research and you should definitely read what she has to say and try her dosages.

I don't know if this helped or not. I really encourage you to read RJ's book. It's actually a lot of fun to read.
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Ok, everyone says get the book so I will. I have been using the Miller/Munoz text on moderation and it has helped. Stickler for peer reviewed research? ;-) getting out the credit card and downloading book.... however, I would like to know how you guys are using sups, even those not on the MWO list. Thanks.

Comment

There is so much variation Gone Gator.

For Kudzu, check the MWO website update section. It's covered there.

For the others, I would advise looking through Determinator's posts. He's tried so many things and well-read on the subject of supplements.

Comment

Hi Gone and welcome! I find the Kudzu sold here and L-glutamine to be extremely effective in helping with the cravings. I also think GABA is great stuff. Most of the supplements recommended in RJs book I take; milk thistle, B-vitamins (very important for drinkers), All-One (which contains many of the amino acids our brains and body need), and omega's in some form. I will be starting SAMe tomorrow as I hear great things about it as well.

Best of luck to you!!:welcome:
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I take L-glutamine 1000mg in the morning and 1000mg when I get home from work late afternoon. I take kudzu 600mg in the morning and 600mg when I get home from work. Those work beautifully for me. I also take 500 mg of GABA in the morning and 500 mg of GABA before bed. That also helps me a lot.
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Thanks for all of you that replied, I am doing the little pill organizer tonight. I guess I thought more people on here were on sups?? Again, thanks to those who shared.

Comment

Working...
              X