Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to share the truth (not that i have been dishonest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...I have been so excited, and so proud...since early sept. Sept 10th to be exact. I hadn't been able to get any days strung together and wanted to SOOO badly, and somehow, was able to, with a great attitude, thanks in large part to the support of this place. I have done really well, not perfect, but great.

Well, I feel like I am slipping back, and it is scaring me. I just came back from being away for the weekend for my neices memorial (that has NOTHING to do with my slip...no excuses here) and I did not drink there...although I did have a glass of wine on the plane up...I hate to fly...It wasn't my first..so it wasn't like that got me started, I have had a few along the way...probably not a good decision. anyway, I came back on Monday, and Monday night, I drank wine...2 glasses (hidden from my family)...Why? No clue.... Tues. night? Well, I had opportunity and I took it... I drank again...and tonight...well, once again I drank... so, do we see a pattern here?? DUH. I am not drinking as much, but....does that really matter??? NO...the writing is on the wall. I don't understand it...But I will share it, because you guys are my life line, and that is all I can do. So...here it is....

I hope I don't disappoint, and I am really hoping you all can give me words of wisdom...if you are ahead of me with this demon...UUUGGGHHH...

Love,

Beth
    formerly known as bak310

Beth, you need to revert to the same level of commitment you made on your 1st AF night...........you did it then, difficult as it was, and you can do it again now.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hi Beth,

I slipped myself and it freaked me out. I can relate to how you are feeling. Please come back to the board and chat a little.

We can use each others strength right about now.

mike

Comment

Oh Beth - I'm not sure.... There but for the grace of...etc... I haven't 'dared' to try wine even though I really don't fancy it...just the weak beer for me. But the only thing I can suggest is to use the same determination you had for AF back then to stick at one glass...no more. And if that's too hard, then it's back to AF.... sorry. Not sure what else to suggest...none of us knows whether the one casues the desire for more til we try it...but if it does, is it worth it?

Sure you will find 'your way out' Beth.
        Thinking of you...
        FMF xx
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Beth you should feel so very proud of what you have achieved to date!!!!! You need to hop back on the horse and get going again.

It is very easy to fall back to the old patterns/habits. I have no doubt in my mind you are capable of kicking this slip to the curb and be AF tomorrow and many, many days after.... or even forever.

I am not making any excuses for you here. I do know you have had such a trying/emotional year. But .... I know, you know, LIFE IS SHORT! Too short. Give yourself that same enthusiasm and will you did when you quit this last time and live every day to the fullest. Don't let this beast suck you back in and take any more of it away from you. :h

Comment

We're in chat, girl, come join us

Comment

Beth, old habits die hard, If your anything like me that wine is your security blanke. You hid you wine because you didn't want your security pulled from you. I agree with AFM you have had a horrible year,deep down you just want a release. do you think somewhere in your subconscious you are self sabotoging? I do to myself. Catch myself and then stop. It takes practice. You were doing so well just star anew tomorrow
              Hugs
              Mar

Comment

Beth
                You know as well as I do that relapse is part of recovery. That is not an excuse for it. It is a way to make it teach us a lesson and give us greater resolve to pick up and do better next time. I know you will not let yourself go back to where you used to be. It was just too bad the last time. Now is the time to break the old habits, remember the good new ones you have established, and rely on us to kick some butt with you. I heard a rumor that Lushy is pretty good at bitch slapping if that becomes necessary. Hang with us. We're not going to let you go back to a place that will only hurt you. We love you too much for that.
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

ah beth, you should be proud of all the days you've put together. i know how rough it is when you take those drinks as when i've slipt i've wanted to kick my own shins. but i'm not itty bit disappointed in you. you are remarkable to me in all the ways you have struggled and won. so back on the pony and dusting off. you are in no way going backwards no way.
                  :welcome:

Comment

youll be right mate!
                    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

I think right now you are slipping back into a bad habit, not an addiction. Stop it now before it becomes a physical addiction. we've all been there. Be strong!
                      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                      - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                      X