15 points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 points

Hi everyone, you're probably thinking "what happened to september?" Well it was a washout, big time. what a loser, fair enough.

That out of the way, id like to tell you about what happened tonight.

After years of considering AA, i finally dragged myself to a meeting tonight, my very first, ever. Must say i did'nt like it and i did'nt like the people there.

During the course of the meeting they had what they call the fifteen points debate.

"Quote. Fifteen points for an alcoholic to consider when confronted with the urge to take a drink." yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah, untill i got to number nine on the list.

Number nine, struck a chord and almost brought a tear to my eye.

9. Minimise your sitiuation. Others have greater problems, how joyful such people would be if their problem could be solved by just not taking one little drink today. Think greatfully of how lucky you are to have so simple and small a problem.

FACCK MEEE.

bright xx

15 points

Bright, welcome home my friend. I missed you! It is true, as bad as I think my problems are sometimes and I feel sorry for myself at times because life just isn't fair, I then see someone much worse off. I was thinking the other day how shitty the past 1.5 years have been for me, first I lose my fiance', then I go nuts drinking , then my Mama gets cancer....then a old friend emailed me today...she got married 3 years ago to her "dream" man. A DOCTOR...whoooohooo, well she developed cancer and he split the minute the going got rough! Left her with NOTHING! She is dying and poor!!!! Now, that sucks. My life didn't seem as bad after hearing that. I was so sad for her.

Comment

15 points

It's good to see you back Bright... I was thinking about you the past two nights, when I was in crisis mode and remembered that you posted about something similar not so long ago. How are you doing?

Also thanks for sharing that about minimising. It's hard to do when you feel no hope left, but I do try to do that. Unfortunately, if you are already drinking it can work in the opposite way, that is to make you focus more on your problems. Nothing is good when you've had too much to drink.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

15 points

Hello Bright. Thank you for sharing. I also don't care for AA meetings, however number 9 is definitley a point to consider when I'm wallowing in self pity.
        Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.:h

Comment

15 points

Im also not a real fan of AA.. Did it for a yr and a half and did remain sobor in all that time, but it just was not for ME. If it works for you----go for it and do WHATEVER it takes to remain SOBER.

Best of luck

Comment

Working...
          X