I'm starting a positive thread .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, lots of us around the boards have a lot on our plates at the minute and I for one have decided to stop wallowing in self pity and look at the good things in my life .......

I have a gorgeous daughter, a loving caring family, a nice house, a good job, and several 'true' friends who would bail me out no matter what I had done ..............

I actually consider myself quite lucky......

Oh, and thanks to my alcohol addiction I now have friends all over the world that I can 'chat' to 24/7

Anyone else have anything good to share????
    sigpicXXX

I have a job that provides me with interesting work, a lovely house to live in, several good friends who I can count on, a great brother and 3 CRAZY kitties to provide me with amusement, and some very supportive online buddies who will keep me straight.
    Suddenly I see
    This is what I want to be
    suddenly I see
    Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

I have a loving husband, two grown children who are wonderful and happy, a sweet daughter-in-law, three beautiful grandchildren, an upcoming wedding to plan for and two cats and one crazy dog.

And my dear friends at MWO, who keep me going through the rough patches. :thanks:

I am blessed.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

nice thread paula thinking positive great idea i think the negativeness is the change of weather things looking up for me too see the kids on the 2nd of november af nearly 3weeks af feeling fine my morals at a high working onshore up until xmas and away for skiing holiday in sweden at my brothers im not sure if friends would bail me out tho most of mine are associates not real mates theyre drinkers but i cut that circle my new friends are on this site( i hope)
        im here bb:thumbs:
        glad im with u's
        :happy: mitch 24/7xxx:l
        Nothing improves the memory more than trying to forget.

Comment

I have 3 beautiful daughters, a husband who loves me for who I am, a great job, I have a awesome circle of friends and a wonderful home in the country. These are all the reasons I hope to better myself so I may return to my family and friends all the love and happiness they have given me!! Thanks for the opportunity to reflect on all the positives in our lives!!! Tammy

Comment

I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful daughters, a lovely home filled with two dogs, a cat, 2 rabbits and a bird!! Great friends here and you guys in MWO that I share a part of me that I have not shared with anyone else. A lot to be thankful for.

rustop:thanks:

Comment

I have a loving and supportive family who are always there for me - a fantastic husband, two wondeful kids, a mother-in-law who is like a mam to me; a caring brother-in-law and a lovely house and garden. I have my mam and brother who I love very much. I also have my treasured memories of my dear dad and father-in-law. I have 12 days of alcohol free living behind me and I am thankful for all my friends on this site who have supported, encouraged and been there for me over the last few months. I am very lucky and most grateful!

Janicexxx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Good?

Just about everything right now!

I consider myself fortunate to have found this place.

have a great weekend

Love

satori

xxx
                "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

I have a husband I love, three cats, tho one thinks he's a dog, a VERY LIVELY dog, a good job, a great car! and I'm going to Ireland and Scottland in a week to see Joe's family I luv and my buddie Star! And I too have found great people at MWO!

Comment

Many friends here, children, a roof over my head, sight, hearing, limbs and (I hope!) my health.
                    :heart: c: :heart:
                    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I have a great husband who loves me. An awesome dog and a great cat. I have wonderful parents and a super mother-in-law who's more like a mom to me.

My job is going better and I'm feeling better and feel very encouraged that things will only get better!
                      Marcie

Comment

Lovely, loving thread, BB........well done!!!

I have a precious daughter, a straight-laced, but much loved wise old owl of a mother, my sister and nephews and niece. Then there`s my little teddy bear of a dog who thinks she`s a baby........my fault for spoiling her!! lol

And I have my sobriety, thanks to all my wonderful friends here in this very real community.........you`re the best company a girl could wish for.

And I am learning to appreciate all that I have rather than hanker after that which I don`t have.........I have everything I need and truly want, including keeping alive my belief that I`ll one day meet "this charming man". lol

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I have a great relationship with my boyfriend of five years, two Siamese twin cats (age 16) who are so much fun, money in the bank, good health, new cell phone....I am also beyond grateful that someone very close to me and who I have worked with for 15 years, is getting movement back 14 months after an ocean accident that rendered him a quadriplegic. When I think about it so much to be grateful for. I am forever grateful for being a person who doesn't drink anymore.

Comment

Great topic!!!! I think we so often forget that our alcoholism, pervasive and destructive though it indeed is, is not ALL of who we are...each of us has so much else to offer and share. And yes, indeed, let's raise a glass (of orange juice) to our supportive and sympathetic family members!
                            Jane Jane

Comment

Just what was needed BB! I was tempted to jump in to some discussions a tell a knock-knock joke. There are some important, serious discussions that HAVE to happen, but something was needed to balance them out.

I am grateful for my loving wife and two terrific boys, an interesting, challenging job. I have a neurotic calico cat who needs to find a support group of here own to work out some serious issues. One day at a time, kitty....

The weekend is getting off to a nice start.

Cheers,
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X