Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Down, but is it just me? (Beware...a ramble)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a bit down at the mo....it's my 50th (that?s not the problem though really!) in ten days time and my eldest daughter was sorting out tickets for us all to go to a home footy match in London they would be going to (Charlton fans) that night ....that was talked about way back through from last March! And the last I heard was at their wedding (1st Sept) but much was made of it by them and at least we'd all be together for the evening... (not exactly my choice of venue but...live matches can be fun!) But time has gone on and on and when I texted her 10 days ago (she never answers her phone) to see what the 'plans and bed arrangements were' she said she had no idea what I was talking about. It's her birthday the day after mine (she was a pretty amazing 21st present for me!) and she just said she would let me know what she wanted for her birthday after I asked her.

I have been (not meant arrogantly, honest) wondering whether they were sorting a 'surprise' (which they've done before) which I really don't expect but you know....50 and all that...so I didn't want to be awkward and 'pry' so didn?t ring/email/ etc as much as usual...but finally I had to know; three of us going 300 miles for a couple of nights with nowhere to stay and 10 days to go sort of thing... My middle daughter assures me there's nothing 'happening' but wants to know herself because she has to get days off college to go....she can?t get a response either?? and after yet another more blunt "what's happening about the football and birthday?" message to elder d. this morning (Friday) I've still heard absolutely nothing.... and I'm just a bit hurt... I want to do something special (well, just something!) for that day (and see my daughter for her birthday too!) and now I don't know what to do.

I?d have been very happy to sort something out myself ? not a wooss!! ? but I didn?t because of this? I know it seems obvious to just ring her now but it doesn?t seem ?right??I mean, after all it?s my birthday and I would feel like a child saying ?where?s my present??!? And if it is a surprise, my middle daughter?s really p?d off to be left out of organising it?much as she was about elder d?s wedding?.(and rightly so I think.) Aaagh, families! I just don?t know why this has got me all knotted up and shaky?coz it touches on everything I squashed for the wedding it feels like?? I?d be fine if she?d never said anything about doing something?now I feel a bit let down.

I don't like feeling pissed off at my daughter but I have to admit I am....and I feel bad about that. What with my parents not wanting me to visit and... (Of course, they've said nothing about the b.day either!)

I am sure my daughter will ring and then I'll just feel a spoilt brat for worrying....but what if she doesn't? Will I even see her on the day?

Now it?s Saturday morning - Well, my middle daughter was so p?d off with elder d last evening she texted her straight out and said how she was feeling?.and elder d came back with, ?I didn?t think you all still wanted to come up?? What?!?!? She said she?s been frantic at work and had left a few messages. But she hasn?t?I even checked old mobiles phones and that the landline company hadn?t put on a sort of automatic answering service..(1571). No, only my usual ansafone and mobile that she always uses?so?. I don?t like to think of her ?telling porky pies? but what else??

Middle d. is gutted?..she misses her ?Big Sis? sooh much, dealt, as we all had to, with the hurts of the wedding (many of which I rather glossed over in an attempt to be positive about it all) and now isn?t going to see her beloved sister on a pretty family orientated event after all?. And son wont get his ?major? football match either which he?ll be very discreet about but I know he?ll be hurt too? I just don?t get it.

You don?t think this new son-in-law, being a very religious man, has ?turned? her, however gently, away from her ?real? mum do you? He comes from such an 'ordinary', close family. When she was with her previous bf, (who wasn't/didn't!) who she lived with for 7 years, they were always down here and organised a fabulous, totally surprise 45th party for me when I came up for that birthday?.30 friends in a local restaurant, some of whom even came from abroad! Perhaps Son-In-L?s got the wrong end of the stick; elder d. doesn?t know about my parents turning me away all those years ago; when she got old enough to know I didn?t want her to hear ?bad things? about the grandparents she loved so much. I never thought it would matter?. Perhaps it does. She knows her Dad wouldn?t let her go when we got divorced and I left it at that apart from letting her know that I didn?t like that ? I didn?t just give her away?.

It was just so odd at the wedding that even the Vicar (who they are very involved with) didn?t know of my existence?.?

I?ve (as usual) just rambled? I am sure some of you lovely lot will put me straight; I'm sure it's just me. But I just can?t think straight about it at the moment. If you?ve got this far, thank you for taking the time? I know I ?go on?? but my family is everything to me and I can't bear to see it unravel now...after all these years of trying so hard...

At least, funnily enough, I feel better now for knowing I wasn?t being horrible by thinking this is what had happened ? as in, just nothing?s happening in 10 days. (I?m not sure I want it to now; I?m too gutted about this stuff. But I?ll sort something out!!) And wonderfully a drink is furthest from my mind ? why the hell did I used to think that would help!? But when I was worrying about it yesterday I felt I would explode with all the emotion?I felt surprisingly awful! :upset: (and not because of the birthday). I am sure if I had had one drink I might have been in deep poo?so thank you everyone for being in my back pocket all the time! Now I know, I feel quiet and calm about it ? or am I just suppressing the feelings for later? (As ever; I am so (too) good at that. If they come out soon, that?s when I?ll have to watch the old cravings I fear??)

Well, love to everyone. I am still thinking about all the much worse 'stuff' everyone's got going on. And grateful for the good things in my life. Please don?t feel you have to respond; it?s helped to just get it ?out there?? (I guess better than me bottling it up and maybe wishing I hadn?t if I looked at the ol? bottle! Then you'd berate me. (I hope!))

I?ll keep you posted!
    Thanks lovely friends
    FMF xx
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Big hugs to you feet, families really are the ones that can cut you to the quick eh... Please stay strong, try to think of your birthday as 'just another day' of gorgeous soberness. It really is out of your hands what your daughter will or won't do so why not organise a little treat for yourself (facial/nails/hair-do), be good to yourself and other will follow, you ARE worth it. Lots of luck and never forget we are all here for you.

L
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

:l i don't know much about your family history, what i do know is that you come across as a very caring, lovely, lovable person.
      you sound very hurt and this issue seems to be bringing up a lot of past anguish for you. i wish i could say something to make you feel better. :h
      i just wanted to send you lots of hugs :l :l
      take very good care of you and all those wonderful days of sobriety.

want
      xxx

p.s
      it's good to ramble

xxxxxx
      AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
      There's fire in your eyes,
      Bite me, excite me,
      I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
      Brings eternal flame.
      Open me to heaven,
      To heal me again.

Comment

FMF I love this place because it lets you ramble LOL

Obviously I don't know the facts but I'm assuming that the new hubby is controlling her a little bit .....

Why don't you and middle daughter book into a spa or something for the day???? Pamper YOU for a change ....

BB xx:h :h :h
        sigpicXXX

Comment

xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox oxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooooooooo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          max
          "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

It`s a tough one FMF, and I feel for you on this.

Unfortunately, you can`t see inside your eldest daughter`s head........maybe she`s still harbouring a lot of hurt and resentment due to her not being raised by yourself.

I completely understand you choosing not to tell her the true events of how you came to have to give her up.........it was easier for her to be allowed to remain in the dark and grow to love her father`s parents.

I can`t advise........it`s not my place. I can only say that the pain of "losing" her when you were a young woman of 21 has been felt by all of us here, as we read your previous posts. I think your daughter certainly doesn`t fully understand how you and she came to be separated. I also think she`s unaware of just how much you dearly love her........

Starlight Impress x

Comment

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU... AND MANY MORE!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Ok... that being sung...
                On my 50th... and for all my birthdays... neither one of my husbands nor my original family ever did anything for me. On my 12th birthday I started my period. I also got my very first not hand me down bike. I also received a pearl necklace for Christmas. For my 13th I had a lovely Cinderella Birthday Party. To which my mother had a cute little Cinderella Pumpkin Carriage on top of the cake with a small star sapphire ring [my birthstone] that I had been trying on every Saturday after religious classes. [our neighbor was a jeweler.] I also received a beautiful new canape white princess bedroom set... to which I still have a couple of the pieces... All my friends sang and we had a slumber party. It was fun until my dad stormed down stairs in the middle of the night and yelled at all of us for being too noisy in the middle of the night. Stating, I know each of your father's and yadda yadda yadda... I was mortified. From that point on... I don't remember any other special birthday. My birthday is the beginning of September... the beginning of the school year... so for my birthday, I received school clothes. So did my siblings. It also means I was born on Labor Day. Not a big holiday. But everyone in my family was born on a holiday. Mine being the most boring.
                Anyway... for my 40th my husband, at the last second took a job and half the guest before the party started... so I ended up with about 8 drunk cowgirls... who had to spend the nite. We dropped the cake in the sink and floor... and we still ate it.
                For my 50th... my husband also ignored my birthday... so, my assistant, knowing my dream was to cruise Alaska... set it up for me. It was the most wonderful moment of my life. I did it for myself. Then for only 200.00 ea, more, I took my two adult daughters... and booked a room for a friend. I had the Presidential suite with a fabulous balcony. And, on my birthday, we were at the Hubbard Glacier... and we read from the book of Genesis of when G-d created the world.
                It is a moment I will never forget. We had so much fun. We had great weather. We saw the Northern Lites... the nite of my birthday... anything that was unusual and unexpected happened that entire week. We went dog sledding... we danced... we shopped... we saw whales and eagles and you name it... it was a blast... I did it for me and I don't regret a minute of it. It cost me every cent I had. If I had to do it all over again, I would do it just the same. I invited my husband... but told him I understood if he didn't want to come. Of course... later I was to learn.. he didn't come because he was having an affair with his ex-wife. Oh well... It is still a memory he nor anyone can take away from me. If you don't make your own memories. Don't count on anyone else!!!!
                What is it they say... Dance like no one is watching... Have no regrets!!!
                Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

FMF

First!! HAPPY 50th!!! WE ALL WANT TO CELEBRATE WITH YOU!!!

Birthdays....I can't count how many of them I looked around to check and see..."Do they remember? Am I loved?" Really silly, actually. It is like setting myself up to be depressed.

50 is a big one. It really is. And you should enjoy it. I don't know what happened with the possible plans with your older daughter. Maybe she forgot (yes, that does stink). Maybe she is planning a suprise (don't count on it...if it happens...well, be suprised). Whatever. But instead of sitting and waiting to be, well, disappointed, why not make a meaningful plan. Plan something fabulous with your other kids! And if you want, invite your oldest and her husband along. Make it a special day....you deserve it!!!!:

:bday3: :band2:

Love

beth
                  formerly known as bak310

Comment

Perhaps your daughter is just wrapped up in her newly married life. She hasn't been married that long, they are still young, and at that age it's very much "all about me".
                    Why don't you plan something for yourself on your birthday and tell your children. If they want to be included, I'm sure they will let you know. And if they don't, then go out and enjoy your 50th (AF of course!). Make it a great day for yourself and think about how it's going to be living the next 50 without the burden of drinking. You have beaten the Beast and you're still young. A lot of people can't say that...
                    Try and let the past go and look at your future, it can be whatever you want it to be. Start today and PLAN on having a Happy Birthday!!!
                    We're glad you're here, FMF....

Don

Comment

Tea, Want, Max, S., Betty, CaptJ, Beth and Don - thanks so much for trawling through and for all your ideas and support...

I'm just sad because it's so unlike her... not to not doing anything but to change her mind or 'forget'... I'm sure it'll come out in the wash though... and yes, I'll think of something to do. I mean, birthdays aren't big deal to me either really - I love them because they are a celebration of someone's being-ness..nothing to do with age at all... and nothing to do with gifts although I love giving them! It's just my (other!) kids, who are not in a position to 'do' anything on their own and down here hundreds of miles from our friends, are very disappointed. Like me, it was more to do with going 'home'....but p'raps I have to accept that it isn't home anymore.

I'll take the money we'd have used to get up there and do something here with just us...I'll invite my elderst and SIL but if they're 'so busy at work' and it is mid-week.... and with my parents too old to travel...It'll be just us! Petrol would have been about ?75.... So, it'll be a hell of a McDonalds!!! I have possibly just recently saved myself from going bankrupt so nothing spare for anything jazzy...it being three of us to pay for... (But a good prezzie if I've been successful in the no-bankruptcy bid!)

P'raps if the UK meet happens on the 10th - howz it looking BB? I can do that and get a lift back down with somone I know is driving down on the 11th.... that would be a party! And with you guys here...well, we'll have a ball!

Thanks again...and thanks for accepting my ramble-ability!!!

Love and gratitude
                      FMF xxxx

Comment

CaptJ - I loved reading about your trip.... I am glad you had such a good time with some happy memories in the midst of evidently, some unplsant ones...

See, we can even share our prezzies here on the boards!!

Love FMF xxx

Comment

Feet, Yes i'm still up for the meet, really looking forward to meeting everybody!!!

We can have a birthday party for you!!!!!
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

BB - that would be sooh great! Thank you! Can we have cardboard cut-outs of everyone here...too far away to travel but there in two-dimensions!?! It could work in Covent Garden!!

Hugs F x

Comment

Hey Feet, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I can't offer much advise, but agree with what everyone's already said. Go out & kick your heels up & treat yourself!:h
                              It does sound like maybe being newly married is distracting your daughter a bit...(as it should... )

50 is a big one though! Whatever ya do! Do it with style & flare! And a lot of lovin' laughter...:H :l
                              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                              X