Suze picks up a big stick....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....to fight The Beast away from her door!

Just back from my holiday.....luckily didn't overdo things toooooo much with my drinking girlie friend. We had a great time, did loads of things but we were drinking every night. I knew we would. So now I'm home....tired but determined.

I did 40 days AF before my little experiment with mods. Mods is not for me.

Today is day 1 AF........no turning back this time. I feel excited and afraid. So here I am back with MWO...best foot forward....bring on the sparkling water :H

I've missed being here and I have to say that I often didn't really enjoy the drinking I did last week...so that's a hopeful sign.

Thanks for being here, everyone. :h

Suze x
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Welcome Back Suze! I was wondering how you were doing. I'm so glad you are back and ready to get back in the game. Be strong today, drink plenty of water, maybe a walk or something like that. We'll be here ...

Don

Comment

Hey Suze-
      Today is my day 1 AF too. And I also feel hopeful but edgy and nervous too. Wish I could just shut my brain off completely for today :upset: . Just made a short list of things to do today - a walk, some tidying up around the house, a trip to the grocery store and .......lots of posting here. ARGH!!!!!
      Maybe we can help each other through......

Anyone else out there on Day 1 ?!?!?!

Comment

Hi Wonder and Welcome!
        Be totally focused and committed to not drinking today. Just focus on today and watch out for The Beast putting thoughts into your head about drinking. Be really careful at the grocery store, The Beast loves you to go to the store. Remember I said that.
        You can do it, just don't drink today, that's all.

Don

Comment

Hi suze........happy to see you know AF is how you want to live your life. Welcome back.

Lovely to have you with us wonderworld. Sure Day 1 can be uncomfortable, but it`s your 1st day of a whole new and better life.

Love and strength to you both.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Another step closer to success!!! We've missed you Suze!

Wonder - post as often as you need - we don't care what you say as long as you achieve your goal of not drinking!
            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Hi Suz,
              I'm sure you'll do fine ... I tried BoozeBusters two weeks ago and realized that I could not do cold turkey I had some campral that had been prescribed last year (yes, 1 year ago) and I took some time to get a bit more organized -- maybe some food in the house would help huh? One cannot live on cheese and crackers (for me sadly without wine)
              Now I am on Day 4 -- I started Campral and can say that I do not have the physical cravings NOR do I have the mental triggers/associations-- I had some cheese without needing wine -- who knows it may be psychosomatic but this attempt is better.

Thank you to Starlight & Don for welcoming everyone & for the encouragement that you convey to all that post!
              Suz, is your avatar a dancing piece of chocolate -- I think I may have asked that question before? It cracks me up everytime I see it! For now, Baby

Comment

Welcome back Suze! Your 40 day stretch was great and you are obviously in touch with the good AF feeling compared to the not good drinking feeling. You're gonna do great again. I really like the big stick visual.

Comment

good on ya suze!!!!
                  "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
                  X