Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First step taken.

Pennywise,

Good on for you!! So happy you are feeling well after a good night's sleep.

If you are not, in fact, physically addicted, all you have "left" is the mental piece and it sounds like you are ready and rarin' to take it on.

I am happy for you. It took me almost 10 days to get a good night's sleep. Count your blessings and absolutely do not let yourself get to where I was. It sneaks up on you very fast.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

First step taken.

Well done Pennywise - being able to sleep makes all the difference!
      String a week of it together and you will have done the hard part!

In actual fact alcohol - although it helps you GET to sleep, deprives you of restful sleep by interfering with REM phase sleep.

You may find you get real vivid dreams as you go on AF - but that is good - it means your REM sleep is getting back to normal.

BTW - why Pennywise?

I hope you have not called yourself after the evil "clown" in Stephen Kings book.
      If so - one of our members - Lushy will freak - LOL - she thinks normal clowns are scary!

see ya

Satori
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

First step taken.

Thanks All for your kind responses, I have had a beer or 2 since my 1st AF day in 10 years on Monday, I'm going to make a big commitment to do Monday to Thursday next week. From there, who knows. 1 step and 1 target at a time.

And Yes my user name Pennywise is from the Stephen King IT film.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/359184=2375-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X