Breaking News in the UK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking News in the UK!

Our news this morning is saying that we will all be obese by 2050.... (I'll be 93 so not sure what I'll be saving myself for!!!!)

But also our news is full of the fact that affluent areas of England are suffering 'silent alcohol problems'.... (no! Really?!) The glasses of the rich drunk in their homes are too big. So, we women are to cut down to 5 glasses of those a week and 6 for men.

The reaction is extraordinary from this side of the fence!.....people calling radio stations saying that that amount a night is quite acceptable etc etc etc.... "Anyone drinking less than that is the one with the problem", and AA = Affluent Alcoholism, etc etc etc....

Thing is, it's so odd seeing a joke made out of something so serious isn't it?! I mean. I am glad for them that they can joke...but, I am worried too...

However, THIS is the thing.... someone has just said that to cut down alcohol intake 'they' need to stop putting the % on the label but just put the calories...a bottle of wine is the same as an extra 3 course meal a day...(!)....so, cut that 'meal' out and you've cracked alcohol problems AND obesity in one shot!!!!

I like that idea!
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Breaking News in the UK!

Bugger them, I'm not waiting until 2050!!! lol
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

I just have to dispute that FMF........am gonna be supa-sexy slim and still AF by 2008!!:H

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

Why don't they just put Flip's butt pic on the bottles? We'd be skinny bitches in no time.

What worried me was that those 5 big glasses constitute 'hazardous' drinking for ONE WEEK......er......I bet most of us could have sunk that in an evening......:upset:

It's good encouragement for us UKers, though......

Suze x Day 5 AF
        Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

it's a good idea Feet, but wouldn't work for people like me, as the more I drink the less I eat... ergo the less I drink the fatter I get. Now go solve that one lol.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

I eat like a bird......... a terradactyl is a bird, right?

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

Well .....ACTUALLY..........Flip......

Classification of pterosaurs has historically been difficult, because there were many gaps in the fossil record. Many new discoveries are now filling in these gaps and giving us a better picture of the evolution of pterosaurs. Traditionally, they are organized into two suborders:
              [*]Rhamphorhynchoidea (Plieninger, 1901): A group of early, basal ("primitive") pterosaurs, many of which had long tails and short metacarpal bones in the wing. They were small, and their fingers were still adapted to climbing They appeared in the late Triassic period, and lasted until the late Jurassic. Rhamphorhynchoidea is a paraphyletic group (since the pterodactyloids evolved directly from them and not from a common ancestor), so with the increasing use of cladistics it has fallen out of favor in most technical literature.
              • (Plieninger, 1901): The more derived ("advanced") pterosaurs, with short tails and long wing metacarpals
              Listing of families and superfamilies within Pterosauria, after Unwin 2006.[17]

Rhamphorhynchus
              , a well-known "rhamphorhynchoid" from the Late Jurassic.

>[*]Superfamily Azhdarchoidea
              [*]Family Lonchodectidae[*]Family TapejaridaeFamily Azhdarchidae[/LIST][/LIST][/LIST]The precise relationships between pterosaurs is still unsettled. However, several newer studies are beginning to make things clearer. Cladogram simplified after Unwin.[18]

But basically - yes - they are big f*kers of birds!

Satori

xxx
              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

thanks for clearing that up my friend, what would I do without you? (you don't have to answer that)

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

Thanks for using up my whole morning break, Satori--- and I'm reading this BECAUSE?
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

Because every opportunity to learn should be embraced!!! lol

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

Now I don't know who has the biggest smartypants!! :H

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

Did you not see the size of my underwear last week? If you did there would be no question...

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

Flip - your butt freaks me out. (but then, MY butt freaks me out too)

Satori - will I be a genius at 91 days too?!? At 5 days I can't even READ your very scholarly post.

Beth xoxo

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

Best rethink your lingerie Flip.............those looked pretty much like BIG GRANNY DRAWERS to me!!!!:H

Comment

Breaking News in the UK!

Between this thread and the one about what to say to irritating people, I am not getting any work done today. Now, where IS that duct tape?

Ok, I give up... keep em coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X