Wyeth settlement for Premarin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an ex pharmaceutical rep., and pharmacy owner, and knowing we've had lots of discussion here about menopause and the onset of drinking too much, I wanted to make SURE everyone understands that the settlement reached betw. the women with breast cancer, and Wyeth, that makes Premarin is AWESOME... After tons of certifications in NATURAL BIO-IDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT, and cancer myself, many, many studies show, that SYNTHETIC hormone replacement, does increase all types of female cancer....this IS NOT natural hormone replacement, this is synthetic replacement, Rx drugs...made from pregnant mare urine. We raise and breed champion horses too, and I can promise you, that our bodies, and a 1250lb. mares systems, are NOT compatible! Progestin, as in Premarin, Prempro, etc....is not what occurs in OUR bodies naturally, and is NOT what needs to be replaced at menopause! Progestin is not the same chemical composition as progesterone....Dr's really don't understand this, they only Rx what us drug reps smooz them to do, with incentives, trips, etc....you can see that on CNN too...its sad, but true, I've had first time experience! It is very important to replace your hormones tho, for osteoporosis, muscle tone, hair, skin, weight gain mid-section, energy, sex drive, etc...but please go the natural route...I think the incidence of breast cancer is really driven by the chemical hormones.... I also believe lots of the complaints Dr's hear from women going thru menopause are treated incorrectly...they complain of weight gain, they get a diet pill, that usually doesn't work, because its not addressing the reason for the gain...(ever notice you can eat well, exercise, and still can't get that mid-section gain off?)...they complain of headaches, get a pill for that, sleeplessness, get Ambien, depression from all the above, and get Lexapro...all that does it kinda make ya not care if you feel bad, and are fat...I know, I had to take my treatment into my own hands..thus us going back to school for certs in BHRT, and endocrine disorders....There's some great books out there..."What Your Doctor Won't Tell You About Menopause"...one the same about Breast Cancer, both by Dr. John Lee....and even tho she is blonde...lol..Suzanne Somers book..."The Sexy Years" is full of experts in the field, also her new "Ageless" book is great...as is Dr. Christine Northrup's new book, featured on Oprah yesterday...Please remember that Bio-Identical replace is different from synthetic....and I truly believe many of us started "medicating" our demise, with wine, etc...from feeling off...Just thought I'd share that with you all..we need to feel as good as we can to stay on the up and up!
    Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like, boy, I've been there, done that, since surgical menopause for repo cancer 3.5 yrs ago! I'll be more than happy to share!
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

opps...my reg. e-mail is
    splashes@hughes.net
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

How does one find a good doctor who prescribes Bioidenticals in Los Angeles? I had a great doctor (an endocrinolgist) who did this for me a few years ago but he moved out of state. My gyn is not into it. A lot of the famous doctors here (as per Suzanne Somers) are not taking new patients. And the Beverly Hills anti aging doctors are ridiculously expensive.

Comment

Tuff,

I feel fortunate to have you on my team.
        Read Ageless and just ordered Northrup's book.
        I will have many questions for you in the coming years.

Thanks!
        Dx
        * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Hi tough thanks for being so informative. There are a lot of women taking synthetic hormones.
          birth control pills, fertility drugs etc. some obgyn's are giving women birth control pills for depression or PMS, if they can't figure out the problem, they prescribe hormones. duh! years ago they were prescribing the pill to women with uterine fibroids, now they know that estrogen feeds the fibroids and makes them grow.
          I have never thought that synthetic hormones could be good for you. our meat is loaded with hormones you think there might be a connection with that and breast cancer and female reproductive system cancers?
          in terms of menopause, it's a natural process, just like pregnancy and PMS.

I plan on being strong like my mother, and her mother so on and so on. they didn't take anything while going through menopause.
          let nature take care
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Cat, wish I could help you there, maybe ask the Dr's who aren't taking new patients if they are referring folks to someone that is...or, call a pharmacy, look in the yellow pages, they usually advertise compounding custom hormones, and ask the Rph what Dr's send them Rx's and folks to them for the compounded natural hormones...DX, you are more than welcome to pick my brain anytime! I'd hate for anyone to suffer like I did, and have to muddle thru feeling yucky! Trixie, the bio-identical hormones are really BENEFICAL...you may be a totally lucky girl that the ol menopause doesn't cause you any symptoms or distress, but if it does...don't hesitate to do the bio-identical ones, it really keeps your hair and skin like your youth, and keeps you from having bone loss, keeps flexibility, keeps the spare tire off, keeps the muscle tone, and revs up that sex drive...lol...they are ok, and whew...I'd be a nutcase without them! lol

Comment

toughintexas;210596 wrote: Cat, wish I could help you there, maybe ask the Dr's who aren't taking new patients if they are referring folks to someone that is...or, call a pharmacy, look in the yellow pages, they usually advertise compounding custom hormones, and ask the Rph what Dr's send them Rx's and folks to them for the compounded natural hormones...DX, you are more than welcome to pick my brain anytime! I'd hate for anyone to suffer like I did, and have to muddle thru feeling yucky! Trixie, the bio-identical hormones are really BENEFICAL...you may be a totally lucky girl that the ol menopause doesn't cause you any symptoms or distress, but if it does...don't hesitate to do the bio-identical ones, it really keeps your hair and skin like your youth, and keeps you from having bone loss, keeps flexibility, keeps the spare tire off, keeps the muscle tone, and revs up that sex drive...lol...they are ok, and whew...I'd be a nutcase without them! lol
              tough I am not there yet, still got a good 10 to 12 years to go. just going by what my mom and other female relatives experienced during menopause.
              I will definetely keep your suggestions in mind. and will do some research on them.

Comment

Thanks for the wealth of info TIT. I saw Christiane Northrup on Oprah yesterday and thought the whole show was awesome. She is what all doctors should aspire to be.
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Yes she is! Its going to be that alternative medicine is really what saves us, conventional medicine still pays a part in ridding diseases that have already begun, I wouldn't trade my Dr. at Johns Hopkins for the surgical expertise and re-checks he provides me, but I definetely have adopted the preventive route, and include alternative practices with all my health....There's a great mag, called Alternative Medicine that has great articles for many, many things you can treat with alternative supps, etc.... Oh, and yes, the hormones in our food, esp. meat is a BIGGIE...thats why young girls are sprouting breasts sooo much younger, and starting their periods so much younger, and why with birth control pills, etc, that they are "overdosing" on synthetic hormones and we are seeing breast cancer and repo cancers so much sooner...used to, our grandmoms, etc, ate free range chicken and beef raised without antibiotics and hormones, cancer wasn't nearly as prevelent then...We eat only organic meat...and I buy as much organic as possible, its a tad more expensive, but in the long run will save on health issues....

Comment

I fully agree with you tough. this is an inspiring thread

Comment

Working...
                    X