Off to a benefit today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to a benefit today

I'm volunteering at a youth foundation benefit today. Doing what of all things.... bartending. I don't expect it to be much of an issue, but I'll be keeping all of you in my head! The benefit is about 10 miles from my house and that is another factor that will prevent me from drinking. I don't want to drive that far after having drinks.

Have a great day everyone!
    Marcie

Off to a benefit today

Good for you Marcie.
    Am sure you won`t drink and spoil the good feeling your contribution must be giving you.

Well done for being big-hearted in lending a hand.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Off to a benefit today

Enjoy yourself! Hey if ya need some jokes I've got a pocket full in my apron... You probably do too!

Make sure to "card" all the "blue-hairs".. go for the $$$!:H
      Have fun & be strong.:h
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Off to a benefit today

Benefit was ok. But no one at the beer tent. The workers at the tent bought the most beer including myself. I had 5 beers over 6 hours, so not horrible. But now I'm home and drinking wine. Does this ever end? I know the answer but just struggling with it tonight.
        Marcie

Comment

Off to a benefit today

Hope you`re feeling better today, Marcie.:l

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Off to a benefit today

[QUOTE=Make sure to "card" all the blue-hairs.. go for the $$$!:H
            Have fun & be strong.:h
            Please do NOT do this!!! I have felt HUMILIATED in front of my husband by (barely legal) bartenders asking for my "ID" thinking they were being clever & calling me "young lady' in an innappropriately loud voice.

Everytime this happens to me I consider that facelift, Ugh!
            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
            - George Jackson

Comment

Off to a benefit today

Marcie,

I think you know the answer to your question, Marcie. The struggle never ends, it just gets easier and easier the longer you go without.

You are just like me, Marcie. You are loathe to give it up even though you know you must. However, like me, then, you need to put a real plan into place.

Unfortunately, sometimes I do slip, but slipping once every few weeks is so much better than the every day drinking. I am already feeling better and back to being able to climb stairs and run through the airports without getting light headed or weak.

My two cents, Marcie, is sit down and carefully figure out what it would take to get you to be able to abstain. It may mean some radical changes in your lifestyle. Swap something timewise for the alcohol. Something that you LIKE or it won't work.

Others talk about the gym, but for me that would be swapping something I like for something I hate.

However, at the hotels, I have found going down to the pool or whirlpool is very nice, with a book and some puzzles to do. Once I am there, I "forget" about the bar and it helps.

If I was a "normal" person and worked in my hometown, I would dearly love to take dance lessons. (Exercise without the booorrring!!)

Maybe you could find some volunteer work to do in the afternoons. (Your witching hour, from reading your posts all these months.) Something that would give you a great sense of accomplishment?

I don't mean to sound like I know the answer because you know I struggle just like you but I am just thinking that if you filled your afternoon/early evenings up with something that keeps you away from booze, you would find it easier. I am a big believer is easier. :H

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
              X