X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FREE RICE

I just got hooked on this philanthropic site:

FreeRice

Answer a vocabulary word correctly and 10 free grains of rice are donated to the UN to help end world hunger. It was a fun site and benefits others, as you increase your vocabulary.

FREE RICE

Thanks Duck, will check it out. Here is a site I visit every morning and click on the button to donate food.

http://www.thehungersite.com/clickTo...faces?siteId=1
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

FREE RICE

Thanks lucky......fun idea and good to see the total in your rice bowl.

Will check your suggestion out too, lushy.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

FREE RICE

Just clicked it, lushy.
        Will visit both every day now. We should never take all our good fortune for granted, when others are literally starving.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

FREE RICE

Both are absolutely fantastic! Lushy I have that one bookmarked now and will be sure to visit it each and every day.

Comment

FREE RICE

I went to both sites. Great idea.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

FREE RICE

When going to lushy's site, please note the various tabs to donate for food, mammograms, animals, rainforests, books. Great site lushy! Why did you wait so long to tell us about it? We could have saved the world by now!

Comment

FREE RICE

Thanks guys. Here is one to give a free mammogram..just a ckick is required. http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

lucky -- that is not a duck....adorable bee though

Comment

FREE RICE

I did mean to post this site a while back but then forgot. I had not seen those other tabs on there so they must be fairly new! Very cool......(And when you click on the breast cancer tab it leads to the one Chrysa was talking about).

Comment

FREE RICE

lushy;212934 wrote: Thanks Duck, will check it out. Here is a site I visit every morning and click on the button to donate food.

http://www.thehungersite.com/clickTo...faces?siteId=1
                    What a great site to find some unusual items for Christmas gifts and contribute to a good cause.

-lorelei
                    Suddenly I see
                    This is what I want to be
                    suddenly I see
                    Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

FREE RICE

I better go with Lushy's site....people will really starve waiting on a bowl of rice from me. I'd be better off donating some then grain by grain based on my intellect. HA seriously, both sites are very interesting..thanks for sharing.

Comment

FREE RICE

Who thinks of this stuff??? They must have more time on there hands then the rest of us.

Sammys It was fun, but of course I do not know when to quit go figure.

Comment

FREE RICE

I did not know half of the vocabulary words but I must be a good answerer. I spent far too much time there but donated over 600 grains. How many cups is that I wonder?

Comment

FREE RICE

I donated 1500 grains see what I mean about not knowing when to quit!!

Sammys
                            P.S. this was my 1000 post I am now a senior poster, kind of feels like turning 50 again

Comment

FREE RICE

Great ideas, will check them out now.

CONGRATS SAMMYS........ YOU HAVE ARRIVED!

L
                              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
                              X