Scary stories have helped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to thank you all for replying to my post "scared to go to sleep" and sharing your experiences with me.

FMF - Don't worry,you haven't "spoke out of turn". You poor thing. What a horrifying night you must have had, you must have been so very frightened. I certainly won't be deleting your thread or any others. I want to keep them as a permanent reminder of the pure HELL!

Marbella - I couldn't get the sleeping tablets as they're now only available on prescription. It must only be a very recent thing as my friend stocked up only three weeks ago before going back to the UK.

Bill - I hope you're doing OK now and the nightmares have stopped. Horrendous aren't they?

Determinator - Hola. I'll be going out soon to try and find all the vitamins etc. Better take my Spanish dictionary though LOL.

AFM - Your story made me shudder. To see actual people, you must have been horrified. I think I'd have probably had a heart attack.

Mags - I took yours and FMFs advice and had a couple of small drinks yesterday even though I didn't really fancy them.

I slept much better last night, woke several times with the night sweats (another symptom I believe) but no nightmares or scary monsters, although I did check around looking for it before going to bed. It's still so vivid in my mind. In fact I was on edge all day yesterday so convinced still that it was real and not an hallucination.

In a way perhaps this experience has been good for me. I NEVER want to go through it again and I know I'll never forget it.

If I hadn't joined MWO and met you lovely people I would have had no idea of what was happening to me so thanks again and good luck to you all.

Love Minty xxx

:l Minty - I am so glad for you that you have joined MWO....looking back, I wish I had found it a few months earlier too! I simply didn't truly realise what was happening to me either but I felt sooooh scared and lonely. Maybe though it's a case of the, "When the student is ready the teacher appears". For me that memory is still right there and I am glad of it in a way....not horrific or terrifyingly any more but in a way that just keeps me somewhat humble and 'respectful' and I hope I never forget it....

Keep your handle on your plan....two small drinks yesterday means just one today? And if you don't need one and a half will do....go for it. I'm reminded of realising that was how it was for me about what I wanted to 'drink' when I got to the 'one' day....one sip and I didn't want the rest so I threw it away...AND the three bottles tucked away.... a 'proud' moment! (I also remember hanging on to half a bottle "in case" - of a seizure or was it really just a security blanket....?!?! Both I guess now. - and finding it a couple of months later and looking at it in amazement; I saw it rather differently by then! I poured that one down the loo....felt more 'suitably ugh-y' than anywhere else....! And that was that!
    Yea!)

So, Mintytess, you're on your way and well done you....step by step, day by day, good days and bad - 'fraid sh*t will stil lhappen but you'll handle it and the seemingly huge ups and downs of living will begin to assume their rightful 'size' after a while. You'll still be de-toxing for a while yet but day by day you'll feel better and when you look back, well, you'll be amazed!! (I hope!!!) So, hang in there, every sweat is less of the stuff in you! Yea!

Love, hugs and all best wishes for your 'journey'....
    FMF xx:l
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Mintytess

I am so glad you feel better.

A friend of mine (now sadly dead- aged 52) also had hallucinations where he saw people- he screamed and screamed one night because his room was full of prostitutes, his wife had to call an ambulance and he was hospitalized. Very very scary stuff. (Although a lot of men may have been happy to see that perhaps he had no money at the time 'cos he'd spent it on beer, and that was why he screamed)

Maybe it's not a bad thing you didn't get the tabs, you might get reliant on them, and I am sure a doctor would write you a prescription for them if you feel you do need them.

Good luck for today again, I agree just reliving that terrifying night can be a good way for you to stick to your resolve.

Comment

Working...
      X