WOT????????????????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I was logged on yesterday, I noticed that at the top of the page, there is an advertising bar where people biff stuff about helpful anti booze and drug stuff. Now I don't normally read these, but one did catch my eye....
    It was for the treatment of hip dysplaysia in dogs....94% success rate or something close....
    Now, I don't know about you, but when I trot along to mwo, along with my booze battle....I don't know that I am thinking over much about any wonky canines I may have staggering about the melon mansion....

I have never seen this advert before, but as there are rather a lot of pet owners amongst us, I did wonder whether advertisers are getting a little bit canny and ploughing through the boards looking for our likes, dislikes and hobbies, in order to be able to drum up a slab more business with appropriately aimed advertising campaigns??????

Wots next....www.Garlic'r'us.com???? 'All the craploads you could ever imagine ordered from the privacy of your front room'

www.Bitchslogansatyourfingertips.co.nz?????? 'Need to remind people that you are NOT to be messed with......get self related anti social messages spread around the globe with one tap of the keyboard' (special offer for the month of March on all PMS related soundbites!!!!! Buy now while stox last!!!)

Do you all get these or does it depend on which server you use for the internet???
    Wot is the oddest advert displayed on an alkies website that anyone else has ever seen????

weestraighthippedhead xxx

All my ads are for addiction help. No doggie dysplasia.

Comment

Aaaaahhhhhhh.....I am obviously VERY special then..........................

Comment

I have noticed adds for things other than alcoholism...i think they can vary based on what we are discussing.
        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

I think it's a Google Adwords script which pulls out keywords and tailors the ads to suit the topics discussed on the page. Usually that's alcoholism type topics so the ads fit the site but maybe people were talking about dogs or a sick pet - who knows? Sometimes you get some strange results with Google Ads.
          I spend all my time treading water, just barely keeping my head above the waves... my past weighs me down & my fear of the future is drowning me.....
          :new:

Comment

Is THAT how it works....well I never knew...I must go over to the fuckity fuck thread and see wot adverts pop up there then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Happy days

Comment

and by the way....hi bananas....nice to have another bit of fruit on the site.......
              good to meet you my yellow bendy friend (hello sailor)

Comment

Oh Wee you are so slow. Yes, the ads are targeted towards whatever we may be discussing. I have seen advertisements for Lush Cosmetics, Betty Boop Ringtones, and the like. In Subscriber there is no advertising, thankfully. It would be ugly. Are you clear on this now you poor little Melonballer?
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

weemelonhead;215432 wrote: Is THAT how it works....well I never knew...I must go over to the fuckity fuck thread and see wot adverts pop up there then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Happy days
                  That ads on that thread would be pretty interesting.

Comment

At the top of mine now it says "5 tips to lose belly fat"-- great for me that desperately needs to eat (yeh, I'm a skinny bitch)-- so go figure ok?
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Lush cosmetics?????????????????????????????????
                      And wot do they claim to do for the old visage then???????????????????

And thank you Lushypoodles for reminding me just how backward I am when it comes to the world of techno and all wot goes with that world wide interweb fing......
                      One of these days I will surprise you all....I am just biding my time...
                      I will reveal something of gargantuan technical importance wot no buggar else knows about and then you'll eat your tiara....
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..I shall rool the WOOOOOOORRRLLLDDDDDDDDDDD

Comment

Who knew??????????
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Oh my....is that because of "stupid"???????

Comment

Dogs ,cats ,and mice! Help!

Comment

Nope...not tied to a subject!