Existential Angst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Existential Angst?

FMF I'm losing most of my day too. again!! harumph! 2 things: You sound like such a nurturing and loving person- maybe light him a candle and put out a plate with a symbolic offering? Some cookies or something. Not to INVITE him (he's already there), but to make peace. Maybe he could even be of help to you. The fear might be feeding his bad ways. Love always triumphs!
    And second, when you pack and move - get someone to help you who is not afraid of it/him. Some people are very naturally more at ease with such things and you don't want to freak yourself out. Okay. I'm going to do something 'productive' now.... I SWEAR!!!!
    wonderxx

Comment

Existential Angst?

Thanks Wonder - those are good ideas.... positive thought provoking ideas.

I've just put some fairy lights in a glass vase with some twigs....realised it's the first 'homely' thing I've done here in about a year! (And my son's 'done' the pumpkin....)

Now I'm going to light a candle for dear Ade and Roxanne.

FMF xxxx
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Existential Angst?

Hi FMF,
        I think there are things in life which we can plan and things over which we have no power, and therefore cannot plan. I think friendships and relationships fall into the category we cannot plan. We cannot bring people into our lives. All we can do is to make our lives more open and inviting to others. We cannot allow others to be responsible for our personal happiness.........we have to learn how to make ourselves happy......only then will other people find us devastatingly attractive.

I think the key is to work on the areas of our lives where we can actually make positive changes.........little things which can make a world of difference, like finding our niche in the likes of locale or employment etc. All these kinds of improvement allow our self-esteem to soar..........unassuming confidence is one of the most attractive qualities in a person.

I used to think that my life would be perfect, if only I could meet my soul-mate........now I realize what a thoroughly ludicrous idea that is..........there are so many aspects of my life I need to sort out first. I think I was forever looking for a man to "recue" me and consequently found myself in relationships with some of the biggest tossers going. My attitude has completely changed..........now I just think that I need to do a lot of work on me before I even would consider becoming involved with someone new..........the next man in my life won`t consider I need rescued.........he`ll consider he`s won a prize. I`m not at all conceited, but as I`ve become sober, I`m learning to like myself and working towards loving myself, because I truly believe that we have to love ourselves first and only then will the right person enter our lives.

I have learned that I am sooooo worth loving, just as we all are. I`d rather have lonesome periods in my life than settle for "just any man" as I`ve stupidly done in the past. Look inside yourself FMF........you`re a beautiful, loving woman, with so much to give..........you`re a real "catch" for any man. Love yourself first and you`ll find the kind of man you deserve enters your life when you`re least expecting him.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Existential Angst?

Starlight - you are just incredible...! What succinct words! "The next man in my life wont consider I need rescuing....he'll consider he's won a prize".... Personally I shall paste those words everywhere - coz it's not just a man...it's everybody in my life and who I come into contact with.... and I don't mean it in a conceited way either. Just healthily. A Mrs. Do-as-you-would-be-done-by....but who expects and even asks for it in return!! Wow, thank you!

I hope others bear with my 'stuff' to get to your words, Star. And I am so glad you've found that place in you - wow.

Love and hugs
          FMF xx (FMS - Finding my Self?!?!)
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
          X