my darling husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my darling husband

passed away on wednesday morning after fighting cancer for two years.

we knew it was terminal. we were told 3 weeks ago that he had a few months, then weeks. on monday i was told a few days. by then Ade had said he didnt want anymore treatment, just let him go, he was in pain and exhausted.

he went through more painful treatment than anybody should have to bear and all to no avail. he was a very brave man and barely complained. he fought it with an inner strength that astounded me. many people are shocked as they didnt really see him at his worst during chemo and radiotherapy.

i am at the moment, numb. occasional tears from nowhere. i know this wont last and i will crumble some time. i dream that he gets better and we have a little more time, then i wake up. sleep is not a comfort or escape from this hell that is my reality.

these last two years, we have been in a whirlwind together. now i am in the quiet centre on my own. soon the other side of the whirlwind will be upon me, on my own.

roxane

my darling husband

Oh Roxane...I'm so, so sorry....I just don't know what to say...life can be so unfair and cruel :l

If any of us here can help..in any way....just say....:l

Thinking of you

Suze x
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

my darling husband

Roxanne, I am so sorry.... It is so hard to find the right words, but I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Janicexxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

my darling husband

Roxanne, you are in my thoughts. Take comfort in knowing that Ade is no longer in pain and he is whole again.

:l
        Marcie

Comment

my darling husband

Hi Roxanne,
          I am so sorry to hear this. I can just feel the love you have for him in your post.
          Please take care of yourself and ask for support from friends and family when you can.

So sorry -
          Lisa

Comment

my darling husband

Dearest Roxane,
            I am at a loss for words. I am so very sorry for you having to say good bye to your husband and friend. He must have been very brave to bear all his pain for the past two years. He was brave for you because he loved you.
            All I can do for you from here is think about you, pray for you and send the most heartfelt good vibes I can muster. We all love you.
            Lori
            *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

my darling husband

Roxane, I am so sorry. Nothing can be said to alleviate your pain.

My father in law (who I was very close to) also died of cancer a few years ago. He was always a gracious, elegant and generous man. It killed me inside to watch him suffer (and never complain), losing his dignity with all that chemo and gosh whatever else they did. Nobody should have to go through that. I am still grieving and the image of him at our wedding, giving a speech in his charming and natural way, will never leave me. Please try to keep the memories of before the suffering. They will live longer. They will eventually make you smile. But you do have to grieve, too. Just let it go. There is no other way.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

my darling husband

oh dear Roxane-
                My thoughts and prayers are with you. We haven't met, but I sure wish I could give you a real hug right now.
                Wishing you peace-
                Wonder xox

Comment

my darling husband

Roxanne.. I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know you well, but my heart goes out to you right now. Stay close to us here...

All my love,

MM
                  Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

my darling husband

Oh Roxane, My heart goes out to you ........... I truly wish that I could hug you and make you feel better .........:l :l :l

Be strong, BB xx
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

my darling husband

Am so deeply sorry, roxane. Please know that Ade is in a better place, free of pain.
                      Will pray for you both.

All my love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

my darling husband

Roxane,

I hope that you will find comfort and peace. It sounds as though yours was a "great love". That is a true blessing.

My deepest felt sympathy,

Best
                        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

my darling husband

Roxane, I am just so, so sorry for your loss. I wish you peace and strength during this difficult time.
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

my darling husband

Roxanne, No words can make you feel better but I hope you can gain some comfort from your memories. Bella xxxx

Comment

my darling husband

Roxane,

Like everyone else I am struggling to find words. I hope that you will call on your friends here and elsewhere for comfort. You are in my prayers.

Comment

Working...
                              X