Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90 days and learning, albeit most slowly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is my 90 day milestone.........several months ago, I read of so many others who hit 90 days ahead of me, never thinking for a moment that I could be where I now am. I am so grateful that I found the courage to go AF, so grateful to RJ and to all of you without whom I could never have gotten even this far.

Firstly, I`d like to say how terribly sorry I am that my head has been in a bad place since last week........am genuinely sorry for the depressing posts, depressing pm`s and depressing chats I have been guilty of these past few days, but I`d reached such a low that I couldn`t help being in the "poor me" frame of mind.........I was hurting real bad.

Anyway, as I posted a few days back, I finally reached out and sought the help I`ve so badly needed for a long time from my doc. for the depression and anxiety that have plagued me for most of my adult life.........am now on an antidepressant and have not had a particularly good weekend........just teething problems `til the drug gets into my system.........am sticking with it, as I have faith in the drug to make me well.

I`ve not posted much over the weekend........felt a need to retreat and reflect. Time to myself has allowed me to separate my problems and to realize that my "real" problems, although harrowing, are most likely able to be solved through time. I appreciate now that having my doc address my psychological problems will allow me to weather the storms created by the difficult events in my life just now.

Over the weekend, I have also come to realize just how many of us here have circumstances in our lives which hurt us, some of which we cannot change. I have also come to realize, that........when you hurt, I hurt, and.........when I hurt, you hurt. Where in the world could we find such kindred spirits? We are truly blessed at M.W.O.

I know it will be a long time before I`m truly well, but today I woke up with hope burning in my heart. Thank you for being my friends.

All my love,

Starlight Impress x

Star,

Congratulations Star on your 90 days - what a journey you have had! I have been away the last week but have just read that you haven't been feeling good lately - I hope you're turning the corner and find that inner peace that many of us are looking for.

I remember starting August AF with you, I was just behind you on your shoulder!! Sadly, it wasn't my time and I caved in at day 14 I think. But, I have been amazed at your commitment and sheer determination and have never stopped following your progress - you are my inspiration. You were the one that was at the "place" I wanted to be. There have been times since the summer, when you have picked me up, gave me a good talking to and helped get me where I am today so I thank you with all my heart.

Wishing you peace, joy and happiness.

Janicexxx
    AF 29 days
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Big congrats to you Starlight. It's so wonderful and inspiring that even while you are down and hurting that you are staying AF. It's good for me to read that you thought you'd never make it to 90 days - because that's how I feel now. Though I've cut WAY back and am grateful and pleased about that, I don't honestly believe that I can achieve even a week or two. Your journey is very inspiring.
      I too have been hit with the reality of life as I'm not drinking all the time... and it f**king sucks sometimes. But we keep going, knowing what is good for us and what is not... don't we?
      Take care.
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Good for you Star! 90 days is a great achievement.

I think its really good you have sought help from your Dr about depression. I too needed help and Anti-depressant tablets helped me to feel better and address my problems. There is no shame in asking for help, only bravery in tackling them. With a clear head from being AF and the added benefit from the pills, you can see through the fog of 'misery' and positive action can then be taken..... all the very best to you Star.

Bella xxxx

Comment

Starlight - you star! I am so proud ot 'know' you. Your posts are always inspiring...even when down you show such dignity.

90days! WOW!!! Yup, you never thought - but a bit of you must have coz here you are....and soon it'll be three figures and so on....

Big hugs to you....I hope the next week or so find the tablets doing their stuff!

Lots of love and hugs to an amazing lady. (You are!)
          FMF xxxx
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Star 90 days is wonderful, congrats. You are right to be very proud of yourself as we all are!
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
            X