Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herbal Supps - Hard Drugs.

Hey all,

Today / Tonite Ive started my first day AF, Im taking it slowly and I cant (as yet) get my mind to accept that were doing the 30 days. If / well actually when as Ive almost completed today, just the long sleepless night to suffer, I'll be proud of this small achievement tomorrow morning. I'll then go for the 2 days with probably the mindset that maybe I'll have a beer or 2 on Wednesday evening.

Today I have taken Kudzu, L-Glut, Calms and will be finishing off with 2 Amino Acids and 2 sleeping pills to help me drop off into Zzzzzzzzzzzz world.

The Supps have helped (I think) Ive definitely not have the same strong cravings for a drink this evening, that said, is that just mind over matter, Ive taken these supps and they should help so the psychology of it is that I haven't.

Anyhoo, so what further does the Topa do?? Kills cravings off further?? And how do I get hold of them in the UK??

Ta all.

I don't know what kind of alcohol history you have or what supps you are now taking... but supps will help in the withdrawal stage for sure. Maybe if you are not really physically addicted, you won't suffer much. If you can sleep, that is great--- it's the best way to get through the first couple days. If you feel nervous, try to use that energy to get things done. Most importantly, eat well, drink lots of water/tea, etc, and stay busy. And keep up on the SUPPS! That is the most important of all. (except for coming here, of course!)
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Thanks for your response Beatle.

My history is briefly, Lager and on average about 8 pints or 4 litres per evening for the last 10 years.

The Supps Im taking are 1000mg Kudzu + 1000mg L-Glut in the afternoon (about 4pmish) afore my craving hits, then the same again with some calms tabs about 8pm then about bedtimish, 1000mg Amino Acids and a sleeping pill.

Im not sure whether I have a physical addiction or not, does me not knowing suggest I haven't got this problem??

Would you suggest I went for the Topa??

Comment

If you can manage to NOT drink for a day without physical problems, you are most likely not physically addicted.

As for supps, I think you need to add a strong multivitamin (or just double or triple a regular one) PLUS a multi B-vitamin (about 3x recommended dose) PLUS extra vitamin C (Ester-C)-- about 3X recommended dose, and extra cal-mag in addition. This you should do while you are detoxing, but not forever.

Better yet, get the MWO stuff, since it is all measured out for you.

It sounds to me that you are not physically addicted and therefore maybe don't need the topa-- it has quite a few side effects I understand.

Read the book, and keep up on this board-- that's my best advice.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
        X