Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to vent off!

Aaah, Bella. Good vent.

We all understand so well, even Bear figured it out.

EVERYTHING is about the baby right now. It does get hard. :l

You did the right thing and you just vented. Good on for you!!

Cannot WAIT to see the baby, though. OMG, I miss having babies around, especially when they are NOT mine. I can give them back when they "break" and cry like mad...

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Need to vent off!

Hi Bella,

Just keep visualizing the baby, I think that helps. Hang in there!!!

Myheart
      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
      - George Jackson

Comment

Need to vent off!

Thankyou for all this very good advice and kind words. I know I am very lucky and It will all be over soon and I will have a new set of issues to deal with. Not happy unless I'm worrying....thats me. I'm going to say something now and I don't want to admit it but.....I'm a very bored, house-wife who used to be quite interesting. But I seem to have lost myself somewhere along the line. I have a rebellious side and this could easily be channelled into something positive..like my painting but I have no inspiration. Im not a stupid person and I know I have more to offer and more that |I could do with my life. I'm not forfillled in my relationship. I said it. I am cringing now... I don't and I can't have a really good conversation with my husband anymore. He is not what I thought he was. I think I have changed since I've stopped drinking.. In the past, if I got fustrated with him for any reason, I would just drink more and think "oh well who cares, nevermind" Now I have not got the alcohol to hide behind. My brain is sharper now and needs more.

I can't say anymore. I feel bad for saying this. I'll stop. thanks for listening ...Bella xxx

Comment

Need to vent off!

We all change when we stop drinking, Bella. I think we used drink as a substitute for so many other things and a lot of what we wanted to do lay dormant. Now that you`re not drinking, you can see clearer and want more out of life.

I think you really need to have a wee heart to heart with hubby and let him know how you`re feeling. Maybe get a wee part time job or a course once the baby is born, you know........a little self-indulgent time for Bella alone.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x :l

Comment

Need to vent off!

Bella,

I think it took an awful lot of guts for you to admit what you have just admited to.

You are very brave. Follow your heart and you instincts; they are alway right. I believe for women that balance between work and family for is very slippery slope and difficult, but also very important. You need something for yourself, and you deserve something for yourself. I chose to stay home after having my first child and really got caught up in it. Don't get me wrong, it has been incredible, but if I had it to do over again, I would have cared more for me first and maybe went out on that limb a little further. The time passes so fast and you don't want to forget the old you too soon.

I don't know if any of this makes any sense, but I hope it does.

Best of Luck to you. Babies are truly a gift and on of the best loves (if not the best) you will ever feel.

GO

Comment

Need to vent off!

Bella, I know what it is like to become the bored housewife. Although, recently back to work, the last couple of years have been quite frustrating for me as well. Drinking kind of took the me out of me in order to cope with the every day mundane. Now that I am sober, I have changed quite a bit too. Like you, my husband irritates me and we have nothing of significance to talk about anymore. People change when a lifestyle has been changed.

I just wanted you to know I understand. I have NO idea what the future holds for me at this point, but I do know I have to continue working on myself. You are doing the same.... kind of a 'rediscovery' of who you were or who you are.

Your hormones and feeling trapped in taking care of your unborn doesn't help either. I felt like that quite a bit in my pregnancy. He was doing whatever, whenever and I felt the whole thing was my responsibility because I was the one who was carrying. I felt resentful not only towards him but towards my pregnancy. Having said that, I was very happy I stayed sober through it. Afterwards is a whole different story. Those feelings of resentment, postpartum depression and not to mention my own addiction sent me into a drinking frenzie. Just be aware of your feelings when your little one comes along. I wish I had this place at the time. I had NO ONE to talk to back in the day so I drowned my feelings.

Anyway, we are here for you. Hang in there - OK. ***BIG HUGS***

Comment

Need to vent off!

Hope your feeling better today, Bella.
                Paula. xx

Comment

Need to vent off!

hope you feel better today bella.
                  Just a note you guys are all so wonderful and caring I am so happy to have found MWO
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                  X