Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperately need venting!

Hi all,
    hope this won't get too long, but it's been a while since I was so miffed.
    Head office decides to participate in local fundraiser as in "buy and decorate a xmas tree and donate it to be auctioned off". Ok. I wasn't at the meeting because I was too sick to crawl out of bed. My collegue calls me to ask for my help because "you are so artistic". Yah. I agree and then she tells me that the budget for decorations is 40 bucks. FORTY DOLLARS NO WAY - YOU ARE KIDDING ME. Of all the cheap buggers!!! So now she decided to buy a smaller tree. OK.
    We were supposed to go to my wholesaler and stretch the budget. Two days later she arrives at my office with the positively cheapest, ugliest dollar store tree ornaments I have ever seen in my life and there is not enough of it to cover even the smaller tree.

So, stupid stupid stupid me, sucker of all times, spends an entire day making bloody birdhouses our of branches. (That is the theme for the tree - what the fuck do birdhouses have to do with Xmas) I'm sicker than a dog. The last branch bucks out of the miter saw, flies through the air, ricochets off the wall and hits me in the knuckles; they are black and blue today. All the while I'm coughing like a fiend and break a blood vessel in my eye. I look like a bloody monster.

Today, we are to meet at 10:30 to decorate the blasted tree thing. I drive 30 km to the meet only to be told that she was really busy all morning. F..k., f..k, f..k.

Coming back into my driveway, the two pumpkins that I carved yesterday sit askew on their pots. I park the car and walk around and what do I see.....? I had glued burnt mini marshmellows onto the faces to immitate oozing cancer sores. Some bloody SOB racoon had gnawed off all the marshmellows from the pumpkins and ruined the faces, f..ck.

I open my email and was told that I lost a client and a lot of money in the process. ?@#$%& aaaaaaaaaaaaaarh.

Knowing that other people have problems worst than mine, I nevertheless had to post.
    Oh God, the day isn't over yet.
    Lori
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

UGHHHHHH!

Did you take a picture of that pumpkin before? That had to be a winner!
    I sure hope your day gets better.........
    Here I'll say it for you ...
    *^*#@&$@#%^&&sugar%$@dog@#$poop*#@bum!!!!!!!!!!

I feel better....hope you do soon.
    :l Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Oh, Lori, poor raccoon was hungry LOL

Sorry, crap.......and it's only lunchtime!

Quick, hide.

But first go over to THAT thread on subscribers and vent some more.

You'll feel better then.

magic xx :l
      ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
      I am in the next seat.
      My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Sorry you are having such a bummer of a day, or a few days!!! When it rains it pours! I hope your day gets better. :l

Comment

Yah, I guess you are right. I have only myself to blame. If ever you want something distroyed by a coon, just put sugar on it. Dah! I can excuse the coon doing what coons do best, e.g. survive. I have a hard time mustering the same kind of compassion for my fellow humans.
          Yet again, all I had to say is NOOOOOOO, but I didn't. So I do see the "lesson".
          Thanks you guys. Although in the greater scheme of things it may have been trivial, but it still bugged the hell out of me. Laidies and gentleman I do apologize for the lingo.

L.
          *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Kate,
            it's hard to get this AK47 into Canada considering our gun restrictions etc.
            Perhaps you could have your people bake a really long baguette they could hide the gun in it. It is easy to import bread into Canada. They never check baguettes. It's politically incorrect.
            Love ya Kate.

Comment

I knew I could count on you. I'll be picking you up at the Pearson International Airport and I'll be wearing a sunflower in my lapel. I will be very discreet.

Comment

kate- killing creates BAD karma so be VERY careful.

and lori- i know it sucked for you but was a hoot for me! thanks for making me smile- well, actually i even laughed!

just be glad the coons did not ask for $ or for you to commit a crime. all is good.

Comment

Lucky, you heartless duck, how can you laugh at my misery?

By the way ducky, you didn't tell us that you got knocked up. My spys sent me that picture. Do you know that they all will want a 'cedes Smart Car in a couple of years. I almost feel sorry for you.
                  Attached files [img]/converted_files/359030=2373-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

This is what happens the day after halloween!

Take the back half of a slightly used pumpkin and remove the rind.
                    Rinse and put in pot and steam until tender. Puree. Strain puree through a fine sieve to remove coarse fibres or lost racoon incisors. Set aside.
                    Cut up one white onion and sautee in vegetable oil until tender. Add the pumpkin puree and gently reheat. Season to taste with salt, white pepper and a little nutmeg. At last ad heavy cream to the soup to taste. Serve hot with toasted bread cubes and a big spoon of freshly cut parsley.

If any doubt as to the origin of your pumpkin arises at table, you must rename it Hubbard Squash potage a la creme.
                    Bon appetit.

Lori Attached files [img]/converted_files/359718=2376-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X