I need to get a grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to get a grip

hello mwo family i need to get my life together. i pulled a muscle at a ropes course. i went to have it checked. well before i knew i was informed my blood pressure was out of control. my plan of action was to go home and drink a bottle of wine. i was 50+ days af in march. i can' t drink. i have two kids 7 and 12 why am i bent on destruction? my mom died at 61 with heart issues related to alcoholism.help. i come here everyday i know i can beat this and can't forsee myself in the ground in 15 years. thanks for being here rudemama

I need to get a grip

Rudemama, welcome. I'm not a very active poster---I lurk a lot, though, and you will find lots of friends here. Serious, good advice and support, but also great laughs! Your battle won't be easy, but it's winnable.
    Jane Jane

Comment

I need to get a grip

Hi Mama,

Scary, isn't it?

My BP was up to 200/100 the last years of my drinking career, yet I carried on drinking, trying all kinds of medications to control my BP, to no avail. It's below normal now.

Your kids are little, they need their mom!
      You did it before, you can do it again, this is good motivation.

You can get BP thingama gigs and take your BP at home. It might be good to watch your BP go down while you're AF!

magic xx
      ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
      I am in the next seat.
      My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

I need to get a grip

I guess the only thing I can say is "don't panic" .
        Stress will make your BP worse too.
        So don't beat yourslef up and keep up that excellent work where you left off, or moderate if that's an alternative for you?

Cheers

Cashy
        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
        X