mr. mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mr. mom

i have been AF for 56 days, and i am going to do something that would have been near impossible to do before . my wife is leaving the countryto visit her mom and sis in old mexico. this was a suprise i gave her for her b-day. at first she was happy then cocerned that i would slip while she was gone . but i know i wount because i am looking forward to spending time with my daughters they are 5@8 . to spend time with them not drunk wilbe great . i think they are a little nervous because neither one of them have never not seen me not drunk or hung over . the past 56 days have been dificult at times but my wife and kids have been great to me. I cant wait to pick them up after school , listin to them tell me about there day , help with homework cook them dinner . I know this might sound strange to some but to me this is a new experience for me. since they were bouth born all i did was work hard , come home drink hard. I am lucky god and mwohave givin me the tools to keep the monster at bay so i can have this time with my children. have to get back to work now thanks for listeng .

mr. mom

Mold,

How wonderful for you.

You should be very proud that you are in a place where you know without a doubt you can stay sober while taking care of your precious girls.

Have a great day at work today and be happy.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

mr. mom

Mold, that is wonderful, I know exactly what you mean, we start to enjoy the special things in life when we're sober .....

Enjoy .............
      sigpicXXX

Comment

mr. mom

Fantastic post mold..........enjoy being mr mom.

Time goes so quickly.........it`s great to be sober to really be there for our kids when they are little.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

mr. mom

Mold, what a great opportunity for you and your kids!
          Enjoy, and congratulations!
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

mr. mom

Hey Mr mom!
            I'm a part time Mr mom as well. I see my daughter who is 3 every day through the week and have her stay with me over 2 of those nights. I cannot believe the relationship I have with her now since I have stopped drinking. I'm no longer a drunken 'baby sitter' and I interact so much more with her. It is truly an amazing feeling so I know exactly what you mean.

Have a great time with your kids Mold! But don't get complacent and let the demons come knocking at your door mate.

Love and Happiness
            Hippie
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

mr. mom

Mold - 56 days!!! You have done so well! I remember your first posts....be very proud of yourself wont you! Enjoy being Mr. Mom - I am sure it'll be great. It's amazing the things we can start to do and enoy without the beast!!
              Be with your little ones and love being sober!
              Love FMS xxx
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
              X