Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

Wot a grate fred!!

AAAGH! It really is though..! I 'try' (!) to 'get it right' in the spelling, punctuation department.... and I am soooooooooh glad to read about 'lose' and 'loose'; my cousin is a highly intelligent, academic doctor/author who writes beautifully but always uses 'loose' for 'looze'...and I am sure he's not right... ... so, the votes are coming in then? A score at the end of the week please?!

And, I have heard that the majority of people with alcohol/drug dependency 'ishoos' are highly intelligent and, certainly the few I know, are!!! No matter whether they have had opportunities or not - in fact, the fewer opportunities = more booze. (Frustration?)

Please let me know when I 'dangle a participle' - sounds wonderful but a girl must know these things!!! It might show under my hem!!!!! :H

Love,
    The Resident Frustrated, Intelligent (?!), Creative, Bored (was), Lonely (sometimes), Highly Creative and sober-and-happy-about-it FMS XX!!
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

FMS ....

and please take care not to split your infinitive. It hurts.

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

Now, look here, my friends, I bare my soul (not a pretty sight) and all you can do is laugh? Ah, sharper than a serpent's tooth...ouch...

I am chastened, humbled, and completely inspired to shut up. I was trying to COMPLIMENT you all, for goodness' sake! Dangle them participles and split them infinitives, but don't let me "loose" you, okay? But...oh my...if any of you ever say "I could care less" (should be "I couldn't;" think about it) or "irregardless" (?) I might...might...go buy a big bottle of cheap pinot grigio and just drown my sorrows. Just "so's" you know...
        Jane Jane

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

Irregardless is one of my biggest pet peeves. And if anyone ends a sentence with the word "at", as in "where is it at?" when it should be just plain old "where is it?" I will be joining Jane in the bottle of wine.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

Jane Jane, feel free to drink whatever you want, but make sure it's before monday ............

As from then I will be checking on you .........:H :H :H
            sigpicXXX

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

We are definitely a bright, inquisitive and intuitive group. And I believe that "thinkers" and "deep feelers" are likely more prone to drink heavily. But this addiction spares no one.

I believe that what makes the difference here is that we are (for the vast majority) those who choose a route for support other than the doctrine of the most conventional route - AA. We must think for ourselves. We refuse to be labeled and boxed. We want to explore other ways of healing from our addiction than the option of a religion-based program.

So here we are - stubborn, independent, free-thinking drinkers, sharing with the like-minded.
              FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

Don't think my infinitive was ever joined, even at birth....!
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

Boop and Lushy! My new soul mates!

Lush, yes indeed about "Where is it AT?" Puzzling, because one would think lazy grammarians want to use as few syllables as possible, so why add an extraneous one?

Boop, please do check on me. Let's make each other feel like slimy garden slugs (in a nice supportive way, of course) if we don't get serious about AF (or mods) come Monday!
                  Jane Jane

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

Confessions of a Recovering Correct-er

Jane Jane -

You have me rolling. And yes, me too with the irregardless! I have to bite my tongue when I hear that. It's hideous!!! And Lushy - 'where's it at'?!?!?! are you kidding me !?!? okay, here's another one....... 'can I axe you something' ? 'asterix' ****?!?! somebody slap me.....

It's not my fault. I grew up with the most heinous correct-er on the planet! My Mother recently corrected me for mispronouncing 'short lived'. Let's see if I can spell it out.... you're apparently not supposed to say 'lived' with a short 'i' sound, but rather a long one. As in the way you would say a cat has 9 'lives'. I'm tortured. And you wonder why I drank to excess?

JJ you ain't gonna loose me. I'm going to the f word thread and howl now. I need to clear my head. And lemme axe you irregardless, where's that thread at?
                    wonder

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

wonderworld;218701 wrote: And lemme axe you irregardless, where's that thread at?
                      It's just past it's participles ...

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

tee hee hee frog! (and p.s I LOVE my Mom irregardless...)

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

jane jane;218699 wrote: Boop and Lushy! My new soul mates!

Lush, yes indeed about "Where is it AT?" Puzzling, because one would think lazy grammarians want to use as few syllables as possible, so why add an extraneous one?

Boop, please do check on me. Let's make each other feel like slimy garden slugs (in a nice supportive way, of course) if we don't get serious about AF (or mods) come Monday!
                          I am officially your new garden slug from monday ......

but only if you will be mine ............
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

Wonder, your dear sweet mother is wrong about short lived. Tell her Lushy said so.
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

Luvly jubly...........peeps tokin rite........whit mer could a wee wummin ask fur??!! :H

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

(Jane is going to have a heart attack if Melon chimes in)....
                                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Working...
                                X