SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

Jane Jane - I so agree! It's a great thread....my punctuation is @&%$!! And as for what happens around exclamation marks - well, anything has to go as they are totally out of control!!!

Hippie - what do you know that I don't??? I'm missing something! (I am, too!!!!) When do I get to Fulfilled Monthly Subscriber??? Pretty Please!
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

BIG question - can this thread sort me out on the use of punctuation around the use of 'too'? Please?! As in, 'I want to be able to use this word, too.' (or '. !) Or is it just, '...use this word too', or even,' ...use this word, too, in the middle of a sentence."

HELP!!!

Thanks USW X (Unfulfilled Stunning Woman) Where??!!
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

I know you all (except My Own Woman, a kindred soul) are cruelly teasing me, and hoping I'll leap up and take the bait. Not happening. Take MOW's excellent advice and read *Eats Shoots and Leaves* by Lynne Truss. Her sez it all "alot" better than whut I ever could.

Just don't ever seriously type "alot" as one word. Or I will kill you...in the nicest most supportive way, of course!
        Jane Jane

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

My own theory (much like yours MOW!) is that the members here are smarter than the average bear because it takes a certain amount of intelligence to actually get off ones lardy arse and seek help for alcohol addiction / be prepared to put some effort in / take responsibility for one's own destiny etc.

Modesty prevents me from including myself in the above average intelligence category of course - er .....innit?

Satori

xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

ah but he carries around big swords and knives. i would say having visited many an aa room over 10 years that alcohol doesn't really care about your intelligence. The rooms are filled with scholars, cultural creatives, millineals, homeless, and your basic human being. the only thing they have in common is a desire to stop drinking. so, i think i found mwo by accident or grace but i had prayed alot that day and then i found the site. it has been helpful support but in the end even the choices i make around drinking don't come from the site. it comes from all the tools in the kit and what i'm choosing to use. pretty sure that one thing that those with a drinking challange have in common is pride and narcisstic behavior. so, for me as long as i can keep a check on overinflating and also being so self absorbed that i can't get out of it, life is then easier to deal with on life's terms.
            :welcome:

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

Yes, Satori - right on - "take responsibility for one's destiny." I'm sure it isn't so for all who go to AA, but I'd imagine that - as in other areas in life - people are looking for someone else to "fix" their problems (be it a doctor, religion, etc).
              It takes gumption and dare I say a bit of brains to fully accept that nobody aint gonna fix nuthin but one's self. Aint that right, ya'll.
              FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

To quote the Cowardly Lion in *Wizard of Oz*, MOW---"Ain't it the truth! Ain't it the truth!"
                Jane Jane

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

I am blown away by this thread.
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

SO Smart Yet SO Stupid?

I gotta say too that most of us are the most caring compassionate people... We are so "REAL" Many if not most of us are pet owners, which shows that we are very giving, loving individuals... (hope I spelt that correctly,,,, tee !!! hee !! )

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                    X