UK MEET - SATURDAY. FINAL NUMBERS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh heck! Should that have been in the Dispatches Box??? Will 'they' be waiting for us if we dare to go there now?!?!?

Sssssh! Wear big macs with your collars turned up!
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Thanks all for the kind offers etc. but I did also PM beatle and boop a while ago concerning the meeting. There are other factors apart from costs that keep me from coming this time.

Thanks again and I do hope to meet you all very soon!!

Love Hippie
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I have been incrediby busy all day and things don't look like calming down here until this eve, maybe late. So, can I ask a big favour to Betty Boop or FMS, can one of you go back through the old posts and make sure we have a list of everyone who has ever said they are coming?

So far its BB, FMF, Kathy, wakeupmom, beatle... uh, right? (Plus DH and DD to BB) = 7.??? I just wonder if there is anyone we have missed here. They may not be checking the posts so regularly).

When I get a final number, I'll make the reservation tonight and PM all about it. (Unless one of you would prefer to do it yourself.) I guess we should leave one or two extra seats in case there are go-to-gater types out there?

This is going to be good fun.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

p.s. Hippie, you'll be missed sorely-- as will so many others on here.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Beatle and BB and all - just did a 'review'... yes, there were lots more but some are out of range e.g. in the Highlands of Scotland and work commitments and finance and things....or checked in but not recently....

Um....sorry anyone reading this and rightly feeling miffed if I appear to be 'talking about you'!! Triyng not be make it personal! This meet-up is not something everyone could manage but we're just checking so's not to miss anyone who might feel left out!

I have the names of everyone interested on the first thread - but wont put them here unless you think I should...I could pm you if it saves you time...and helps any? There were 17 but I can 'account for' 2 'can't make its'!

Blessings to anyone who is reading and 'hiding' - that's ok. If you just want to come along just pm one of us?

Don't know if that's been any help, Beatle!!

Love FMS xx

Comment

So far its BB, FMF, Kathy, wakeupmom, beatle... uh, right? (Plus DH and DD to BB) = 7 Think that is still right........

Anyone else?????
              sigpicXXX

Comment

FMS, can you make a list and send it to me? I'll try to follow up from there. Thanks so much!!

Comment

all being well . i hope to be there

Comment

Thanks for your pm Jay, I will keep you updated ........
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

Thank you FMS for hard scouring work. It looks like we are at 9 definite, and several uncertains. I wonder if I should book for 12... I'm dead tired now, do you think it can wait till tomorrow morning? Then I 'll call round, ge the place, and PM all definites and the maybes you scrounged up FMS. What do you think?

Comment

That sounds a good idea, Beatle - tomorrow will be fine - you're tired and need (beauty)sleep!! (Can't take pics on Sat. with huge bags under the eyes now!!! They might be bigger than mine!!) And any 'last-minuters' will have had a few more hours to reply...
                        Jay42 - that's great! Look forward to meeting you!
                        Love FMS xx

Comment

Have a great time and remember all your american pals who are with you in spirit!

Comment

You bet Lucky!!! All the ears will be burning!!!!!!!!..............:H .

Comment

Just had another one confirm :H :H :H
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Great BB, the more the merrier--

So now I have found a great place near Covent Garden-- it's not one of the places mentioned on this forum, so we are SAFE! (A spy knows how to do these things, eh?)

I will PM you BB and FMS, with all the details, and hope you can contact everyone from there by PM. Sorry to put this on you 2, but my PM box has long been filled up and it's so hard to keep cleaning out (I love all those old messages!).

I hope it's not a problem that we had to committ to a set menu (because it's so many people), so I just went ahead and took the liberty to agree to one set menu for all of us. Here it is:
                                ----------------------------------------------------
                                APPETIZER:

pickled frogs brains with garlic-fried smelt

MAIN COURSE:

Smalahove (Cooked sheeps head, eye intact), with mashed rutabaga

DESSERT:

Quadruple-cooked rice pudding (hold the Grand Marnier sauce for obvious reasons).

***If there are any vegetarians, you can look at this as a low-calorie lunch. Or else you can bring your own (but it would be best to consume that in the loo).

----------------------------------------------------

I hope this will entice even more MWO-ers to join the party!

Looking forward to your response!

Comment

Working...
                                X