UK MEET - SATURDAY. FINAL NUMBERS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps. if there was any doubt, that was a joke. (only the menu).
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

...except for the sheep's head. (If you've never tasted one of those eyeballs, you are really in for a treat).
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

APPETIZER:

pickled frogs brains with garlic-fried smelt

MAIN COURSE:

Smalahove (Cooked sheeps head, eye intact), with mashed rutabaga

DESSERT:

Quadruple-cooked rice pudding (hold the Grand Marnier sauce for obvious reasons).

***If there are any vegetarians, you can look at this as a low-calorie lunch. Or else you can bring your own (but it would be best to consume that in the loo).

you kids are crazy, please send photos of the food, sounds ummm fabulous

Trix
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Hey guys-- really, don't you know a joke when you see one? I've got no response since (except trixie), and I'm getting a bit worried here.

Comment

Beatle if you add tripe to the menu then I will be there ...........:H

When you pm'd me the table name you never said the place?????
            sigpicXXX

Comment

No, I will not give the name here in public. A PM will come shortly. I was actually hoping for more.

Comment

I'm still hoping for more (you are wlecome!)

But the place is reserved and, goodness, no way there is going to be a sheep's head there. I'm a f**cking vegetarian... I just like a good laugh, but I guess I went a little too far ?

Comment

I WOULD LIKE TO COME TOO. BIT NERVOUS, BUT HEY!!
                  Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Have fun everyone and share some pictures, OK!
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

OK- here everyone. We have a good place. There will be no sheeps heads. It is in the vicinity of Covent Garden. All are welcome. If you have not previously said you are coming, please PM Betty Boop, FMS or myself if you are coming. (Those who have already said they are coming need not do it again). Everyone will get a PM about where and when we are meeting in the next day or two.

Amelia, please do come. I promise there will be no hugging (on my part-- I am shy).

Comment

Hello! Are you talking about me, not to me?!?!? Why not?!?!? Am I paranoid?!?!?

No, not (much!)

Sounds really exciting! Bums, I LOVE sheeps heads!!! (not!)

I am off from home Friday morning and whilst I can pick up the venue at my aunt's, it wont be easy to pm many others...I can only get a limited few minutes on her 'phone line on her lodger's laptop...(for some weird reason my laptop doesn't want to connect at her place ever!) But up until 8.30am Friday I can so it from home. (BTW..... lodger's lapTOP!!!!)

Love FMS xx
                        :heart: c: :heart:
                        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

ok, got the message FMS... yeh, I think you are paranoid.

Anyway, you will get a PM from me soon, and I hope you can send it on.

Weird to think we will see each other in 3 days' time. (but NO hugging, remember, I'm just not the type.)

Comment

Hey, anyone getting left out here? PLEASE announce yourself, or you can PM me (beatle), Betty Boop or FMS (but she's not going to be available from tomorrow). We overbooked a bit, so feel free to join in the merrymaking.

Comment

Thank you FMS,
                              Think i get the gist of it.I might be a little latter than the time stated as my train will only get there then.I WILL be there so don't start the party without me.Am so looking forward to meeeting you all,albeit a little nervous.
                              See you all then xx

Comment

Hey WUM... um, me too really!! Bit, sort of, sort of, shy/nervous/excited...

Hey, we'll all be OK! I'll be a wee bit later than 12 too with my train....but not much. Hold the balloons 'til we get there guys!!

Love FMS x
                                :heart: c: :heart:
                                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                                X