Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

I am a drunk

there's always tomorrow, and don't forget, you wont be drunk forever hon, baby steps...
    Take care
    Cashy
    xxx
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

I am a drunk

So was I Katie - So was I .......for 20 plus years.

But I am not any more!

Keep at it - it WILL stick one day!

Love :l

Satori
      xxx

Today is day 110 of my new life!
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

I am a drunk

I have been sober for 8 days and am starting to think the same as you.
        maybe I am tricking myself into believing that I am not a drunk.
        I feel really great today. I think being sober is one way to sort it out.
        much love and strength.

Trix
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I am a drunk

Katie, the admission can sometimes be the hardest part......

To me, I will always be an alcoholic, but I am a recovered alcoholic. No bones about ever being able to drink again - I just can't do it and I know where it would lead me back to.

I've realized in my journey to sobriety that alcohol wasn't my problem. My alcoholism was only a symptom, something that I was using to deal with all the other problems in my life. It wasn't a matter of stopping drinking and everything else will be okay, but rather fixing the things that were wrong with me so that I didn't feel like I needed to drink.

As Satori said, stick with it and it will eventually come to you.

AAthlete
          (140 days sober, but who's counting......)
          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I am a drunk

Hi Katie

I second what all the others have said. Stick with it and it will eventually come to you. Baby steps or ODAT, one day at a time as we say over in newbies. Good luck.

Rustop

Comment

I am a drunk

Remember, this is a process. Each person has their own individual way (if you are not of AA mentality, that is) of going through the process. It takes longer for some than others (sigh)-- the only thing that is definitely the same is that we all have to go through our own process. And we here on MWO are here to support each other along the way, pulling, pushing, venting, ranting, consoling...
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I am a drunk

Katie, you`re no different from the rest of us, only the drunk in some of us is dormant for now. You`ll get there.......just by keeping trying.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I am a drunk

Katie,

Dust yourself off and keep moving forward. The guilt is the worst part and keeps us stuck. Move forward. One foot in front of the other. You will be healthier.

xo

Comment

I am a drunk

You are not alone. You know that, Miss KatieSmiles.

We are here for you.
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I am a drunk

Katiesmiles,

Realisation is no bad thing. It will allow you to audit your life: see where you are, where you want to go and work out how you are going to get there. Set yourself goals and targets, work out what's best for you and keep coming here to MWO.

Thoughts and wishes,

Raoul

Comment

I am a drunk

Every night starting around 5:30p.m., I'm a drunk too. And I'm really sick of it. You're not alone!

Comment

I am a drunk

Shit. where is the honeymoon?
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

I am a drunk

I've been to Bali long ago. But I have nothing against another trip-- this time without the backpack, I hope.

Comment

I am a drunk

Dear Katesm,
                              I am going to enshrine your post. You may be the wisest person I know, other than my daughter, who can only follow in your footsteps due to her age.
                              I wish you would teach or wrte. You need to tell the world what you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X