OMG.. That was close!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG.. That was close!!!

Well, I made it home without drinking, but it was a close one!!! WHEW... I had a HUGE battle with myself on the way home from work, but I won..

I guess day 5 was harder than day 4 this go around. It is because I am feeling better, noone is home tonight and I had an awesome day at work. I am more of a happy drinker than a sad drinker - meaning I drink when things are good.

Anyway, I made it home, safe and sound...

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

OMG.. That was close!!!

Well Done MM, well done!!

Comment

OMG.. That was close!!!

HOLY SNACK CRICKETS!!!!

I'm so glad you made it home AF. We really must be kindred sistas in this quit because I was about to PM you asking where you were. Saw the Green Blobby Thingy by your name. THANK GOODNESS YOU ARE HERE. I have no idea how to use chat but am willing to try if you need to talk. Or we can post back an forth here or PM.

You were my life line on Bloody Saturday and I am here for you girlfriend.

I'm so glad you toughed it out..

Hugs,
      DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

OMG.. That was close!!!

Whew.... I know.. I don't know what came over me.. it was like I was temporarily insane. I actually stopped my car and turned off the main street onto an alternate street so I could talk some sense into myself. Like I said - my down fall is when I have really good days - it's like I want to have little celebrations..

The other thing I just realized is that I haven't been able to drink enough water today, so I was dehydrated, and hungry. So I came home, ate a bite of roast I had slow cooked all day, guzzled some water and I am back to myself

All big lessons...

What big green blobby thing are you refering to - that frightens me..
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

OMG.. That was close!!!

A Victory!! Keep 'em comin' mama......
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

OMG.. That was close!!!

MM - another BRILLIANT from me!! (One on today's Inn...) Turning off and having 'a talk'....how determined that is.... and discovering that straight hunger and thirst need standard attention (as in food and water not the old firey version!!) That's been a big one for me and now the first thing I think of - naturally - whooo !!!!! 'Normal'!! (Who? Me?!) I always carried something to eat with me for the first months...and still do now because I want to and not because I am scared not to....Phew! Keep going MM! It is sooooo worth it!

DG - you're so funny! MM - she's referring to the 'small grey circle beside your name and avatar that lights up green when you're on line'....being DG it becomes a 'Big Green Blobby Thing'!!! (Acutally love that description!!!!)

Have a great day 6 and I hope 'you're past it now' .....(?!?!)

Love and hugs
            FMS xxx
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

OMG.. That was close!!!

Well done MM !!!

Keep up the good work.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

OMG.. That was close!!!

Wooo !!!! Hooooo !!!! Happy Dance comin' On !!!!!!!!!!
                You go girl !!! I'm the same way as you.. A happy drinker.... I understand totally !!!!!!!
                Be Happy and Enjoy Being Sober today !!! Hugs,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

OMG.. That was close!!!

MM - Right on sister!!! And SOOO true - hungry and dehydrated leads to trouble for me too. Big time!!! I've been making sure to be neither when I go to the grocery store, cuz I've noticed that the beer aisle screams out to me in that state! blah!!! luv Wonderxx

Comment

OMG.. That was close!!!

:goodjob: MM....you saw Al off good and proper!

You just have to stay really strong about it...especially at the beginning....the good thing I found is that those moments when you 'debate' with yourself about whether or not to drink become less and less the more days AF you get. Keep going!

Suze x
                    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

OMG.. That was close!!!

Well done MM,
                      Proud of you ! You can talk yourself out of it good girl, I still get straight on here when I feel weak . How strong you are.

Take care and keep it up you inspire me.
                      In life we can live out our dreams its true
                      the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Working...
                      X