Joni Mitchell

Kate Bush

kd lang

the indigo girls, Lucinda Williams

a warm blanket and some hot tea
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Musical Preferences/Music for Moods

beatle;221603 wrote: And by the way, Dylan is NOT easy listening as far as I am concerned. How can you say it's easy to listen to Dylan. It takes all the patience I can muster.
      Bob Dylan is NOT easy listening. I've never walked in a supermarket and heard him playing while I figure out if I should get organic or non organic produce.
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I've been planning my funeral on and off for years. Not in a morose way, just as a passing thought. I mean, it's a pretty important occasion. I want to be prepared. The musical choices are critical!

I have a friend who was in REALLY rough shape a few months ago - had broken up for the like 8th and final time with a crazy long term girlfiend for whom he had changed his entire life. He was so angry, so depressed, he was DARK! He was talking about killing himself and how he would do it. I asked him what music he wanted to have played at his funeral (he's a musician). Well, this turned into an hours-long discussion complete with playing each other tracks, arguing about bands that he likes that actually suck (and vice versa). Anyway, he's back in fairly good shape. Moved on in his life. But he still quizzes me every so often on the 3 songs he decided on for the funeral. He likes knowing I have that info in my back pocket just in case anything ever happens to him.

'Whiter Shade of Pale' is one of the greatest classics of all time. Love it Hippie. And coincidentally, Zakk Wylde covers it on his album 'hangover music' (I know). But the Procol Harum original is perfect. No room for improvement. But what do the lyrics mean?

Sorry if this was a depressing post. Loving this thread, just read it more closely..... such great ideas! Feel like I want to visit with everyone for a day and listen. luv, wonder xx

Comment

dos anyone know who sang that wonderfull song streetlights that was a hit in the 70s ? Think I might get a 70s collection ,feeling disco at the moment ,remember you can ring my bell? what great tracks !

Comment

hippie, I loved rdf... df118 were like them too....thanks for reminding . Any bowie fans out there are the stones?

Comment

how can you not be a bowie fan? and the stones? Ok, who isn't? I WANT TO KNOW! show yourselves.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

sorry, that was the fanatic side of me peeking out. And to think, they are not even high up on my list. But still, please don't say anything bad about them because, who knows what I'll do...
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

oh, by the way, I HAVE heard Bob playing in the supermarket.

Comment

Hipster, you have the best ideas......

In no order whatsoever

Dave matthews band
                    bare naked ladies
                    enya
                    talking heads
                    Kirsty maccoll
                    Bela fleck
                    Lyle lovett
                    violent femmes
                    floyd
                    concrete blonde
                    louis armstrong
                    randy newman
                    David Gray
                    paul simon
                    white stripes
                    all the standards: zep, stones, tull, you name it
                    plus a bunch of stuff from everyone else's list

Heard a bunch of new and upcoming stuff here:
                    Goombah

Comment

dead flowers..what a track ..im going to rummage through my stuff and get thease belters out...sticky fingers..emotional rescue...im off..

Comment

pixies..come on pilgrim ...getting excited now!

Comment

limers;221670 wrote: dos anyone know who sang that wonderfull song streetlights that was a hit in the 70s ? Think I might get a 70s collection ,feeling disco at the moment ,remember you can ring my bell? what great tracks !
                          I think it was Randy Crawford but don't quote me on that one!! She did some great songs as well like 'A rainy night in Georgia' and 'Need Somebody' which was later covered by Shola Amma which I have to admit I bought!!

Limers I still have all my old festival music on albums and tapes somewhere and my favourite RDF song was a 12" called 'Landing Party' I think they did a version of 'Dirty Ol' Town' on the B side!! You've really got me intrigued now about that other band df118 would you remember the AK47's then by any chance!!

Hippie
                          xx
                          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

yes pixies-- allright! how could you miss them, guys?

Comment

randy crawford ...you are right hippie..thank you so very much ,just checked amazon .thank you .dont know ak47s but loved Shola ama ..how cool was she? This is a cool thread. What else can you think of beatle ? Anyone else a michelle shocked fan? remember short,sharp,shocked? what an album.

Comment

michelle shocked-- yes, good stuff.

check out a new great one here-- Hanne Hukkelberg -- (might even relate?)

[ame= ]YouTube - Hanne Hukkelberg[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X