Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

42 Days: Day2

Hi Everyone(anyone?),

Today was day two of me following an AF lifestyle supplemented by a programme of self-help laid out in the book "42 Days to Health, Wealth and Happiness" by Robin Seiger.

The biggest problem for me today was actually getting out of bed. The programme requires you to get up an hour earlier than you normally do so that you can spend some time reading the book - what the author calls "the perfect hour". Each day has an entry dealing with a particular "truth": yesterday's was about use of time and today's was concerned with expectations that we have of ourself. nce you have read this you are encouraged to think about and write down your goals, both long-term and for that day.

I get up fairly early anyway (6 am) but when the alarm rang for 5 I am afraid I overslept. I got up shortly before my usual time and had to rush through the book so I could get to work on time. Not much of a golden hour!

I have also missed out the exercise component two days in a row.

This sounds as if I am not doing very well, but I have to say I am feeling much better than I usually do and I still believe that this is a good programme to follow. Once I adjust to managing my time properly I am sure everything will kick into place and I will reap all the benefits that Seiger promises.

I hope I am not boring anyone with this daily accountof my life, but it helps me get things down and straight. If I am boring you, just tell me.

I believe that moving forward with intent can help us to feel better even before the benefits from the actual changes set in.
    Good luck with the program. I'm sure you'll adjust to it.
    And congrats on your AF days!
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

You are not boring us at all. I look forward to hear what you and the author have to say tomorrow.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Interesting-- not boring. It's kind of you to take the time to share.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Nope...it's all gravy Raoul......I'm going to get this book myself today hopefully...(bookshops in kiwi a gogo land tend not to have anything newer than '5 go down to the sea', in stock...anything written after about 1958 has to be ordered in at great expense....It also takes a bloody long time to get here...I think they must just strap the tome to the back of a passing haddock in Blighty, and then point it in the general direction of the long white cloud and hope for the best?????)
          I do try and restrict my processed food intake anyway, and also have a very physical job...I walk everywhere as I can't drive, but I like the sound of the mindset thingy you describe in the book...thats the bit I want to trawl through.....I'm buggared if I like the idea of the golden hour though...I get up at 4:30 as it is....I may have to liase with the author over this requirement

Now......................go and do a press up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

WeeMelonHead,

I always avidly read your posts. Your advice is wise and funny, your take on things is wise and funny, your approach to life is wise and funny.

I wish I could be wise and funny but thank Dog you are and I can be here to appreciate it.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
            X