I've been touched by the AF bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I wasn't planning on going AF for more than a week, but for some reason, after the 5th day, I just lost interest in wine.
    I haven't done anything different than what I had been doing previously. Something just clicked after I broke up with my BF; a desire to stay focused and strong.
    I just wanted to share with everyone that when I first came to MWO in March, I was one ugly emotional and nutrition deprived wreck.
    To become healthy again has taken a while, and a lot of trial and error. ODAT is definitely
    the way to approach a drinking problem

The beginning of Autumn really took me by surprise, I began to worry about the winter blues and started drinking again. that set me back, but I started to recall all the horrible hangovers, the messy house, and the roller coaster ride of negative emotions.
    I don't know how long I will go AF (not counting), but right now, it feels like the right thing to do, and I am totally surprised at how sharp but yet mellow my mind is.
    Now I see what you guys in abs are talking about. It's good to be able to understand being sober before moderating like RJ suggests.

Being here and being able to try different approaches to controlling my drinking has been really helpful as well as having positive support from all you wonderful people at MWO.

I am still taking the supplements and vitamins as well as 2000mg of omega 3, also exercising. I stopped taking L-glutamine and Kudzu, but still have them on hand just in case.
    I am staying clear of the bars, and of friends who trigger my heavy drinking while keeping a positive attitude .
    by the way this hasn't been easy. it's work, but good rewarding work.

peace and light to all my friends at MWO:h
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Great on you! I've been there and it is a very nice place to be--I think, "I'm here 'cause I want to be, not because anyone made me do it."

Just keep the momentum. I lost it many times, but I'm sure closing in again. Only got some mod days and 1-2 AF now going for me, but it feels good.

My mantra: I like being sober. (To hell with: I hate being drunk.)

Good going trixie!
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

You sound like you are in such a good place Trixie. Great post.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

That's wonderful Trixie. And what a great message to those struggling, to know that there can be a time when 'it just clicks', that it isn't always a battle, doesn't feel forever like something is being lost, that we can overcome this addiction with contentment (maybe even joy?) rather than anger and resentment.
        Thanks for sharing.
        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing with us. Being AF gives me a new perspective on life. To quote an old drunk, "when I learned how to live, I didn't mind living." Good post
          bear
          What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
          ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Thanks for sharing that with us. It is certainly a journey with many twists and turns and I for one am glad that I found MWO. Good luck

Rustop

Comment

Trixie, that is amazing, well done ......... Its amazing how good being AF feels, keep it up ...........
              sigpicXXX

Comment

I swore to myself that after last weeks five day binge on Black Velvet and Coke, that I was done drinking.. I felt SOOOOooooooo rotten and terrible that I wanted to just hide from everyone and everybody..Today marks the 6th day of AF and im really starting to feel pretty good again.

While I was cutting the grass today on my lawn tractor, I was thinking about all the good times my older brother and I have had on booze and ''something'' inside of me clicked and said it was OK to start ANOTHER party all over again today.As I rode on and cut more grass, the urge got real strong to DRINK.. So I went inside my house and grabbed me an ANTI-BUSE pill and swallowed it down.

Its a damn shame that I cant be strong enough to do this AF stuff myself--but HEY----one things for SURE----I wont be drinking TODAY!

Bill

Comment

So pleased for you trix.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

BILLYJACK;221100 wrote: I swore to myself that after last weeks five day binge on Black Velvet and Coke, that I was done drinking.. I felt SOOOOooooooo rotten and terrible that I wanted to just hide from everyone and everybody..Today marks the 6th day of AF and im really starting to feel pretty good again.

While I was cutting the grass today on my lawn tractor, I was thinking about all the good times my older brother and I have had on booze and ''something'' inside of me clicked and said it was OK to start ANOTHER party all over again today.As I rode on and cut more grass, the urge got real strong to DRINK.. So I went inside my house and grabbed me an ANTI-BUSE pill and swallowed it down.

Its a damn shame that I cant be strong enough to do this AF stuff myself--but HEY----one things for SURE----I wont be drinking TODAY!

Bill
                    it takes time and patience be well

Comment

thanks to you guys and your support. I mean it. reading everyones individual journey has helped me enormously.

Comment

Trixie, you are doing soo awesome !!! I can hear the smile in your post.. That is the first and foremost thing about it.. You are so gosh darn happy !! Congratulations on finding "Your Way Out " I too took approx 73 days AF before Mods and for me I now have a different relationship with alcohol... You go girl !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

That is great Trixie. Sometimes when you clean the 'cubbords' (eg. breaking up with your boyfriend, or whatever it may be) you get a new perspective on life. I know when I am in a rut all I want to do is drink. Depression and suppression will enhance our addictions for sure.

Your being newly single may be what you needed to be well and start feeling like you deserve a life that is happy and healthy. Good for you!

Comment

Nice one Trix!

Yep - one day I just woke up feeling "different" about alcohol too. Something clicked for me too.

I described it back then as a feeling that
                            "I just couldn't be ar*ed with it all any more"

Happily the feeling has stuck for me - I hope it does for yout too!

Lots of love

satori

xxx
                            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

accountable, niblet and satori
                              I am still going and I feel really great!. yes I am happy. It's amazing to wake up naturally with no headache and blood shot eyes.
                              I am just letting this take it's path like a river does.
                              sending many smiles and hugs your way

Trix

Comment

Working...
                              X