I walked out on my job today ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this in mods but not everybody checks in there and I really need to vent ......

My day has been horrendous, I just walked out on my job (family business) I have worked for my parents for 10 years, my dad is the grumpiest boss ever and if he wasn't my dad I would have walked years ago!

He recently employed a friend of his as garage foreman and he thinks that the sun shines out of his rear end .... since he started with us lots of things have gone missing and there has been general unrest at work, (my hubby is transport manager there too) it appears that the new man is an out and out troublecauser and has been turning the drivers against my dad and vice versa and the drivers are threatening to leave (this is a team of men that have worked together 8 years without any problems)......

However dad doesn't believe it he blames all he others so I tried to talk to him nicely today about how the business will suffer if they go he, went crazy and said its a conspiracy about his friend!!!! He actually said that he would back him to the hilt and started threatening to sack them all my hubby included!!! I stormed out in tears and said add me to the list as well ...... I am absolutely livid ......

However I faced a huge hurdle, last year I would have got drunk to calm down, but I went to the macdonalds drive thru instead!!!!

Love you all .........
    sigpicXXX

Sorry you`re upset BB. Maybe you can let the dust settle and then try to make your Dad see sense. Seems like he`s really been taken in by this guy.
    Hope you can sort this out.

Much love,
    Starlight Impress x

Comment

So sorry BB hope everything works out for the best. and good that you didn't get wasted to deal

love

Trix
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Boop!!!!! Oh heck....what a bummer. The whole thing and this guy. Nothing like fathers to be stubborn! So, see how things are in the morning. May be you've got him thinking. I hope so. It's tough when it's a job but a family business.....ouch.

WELL DONE!!!!! Nothing like a Maccy D drive thru! Be proud, very proud of being so much further on than last year.... Just think how tomorrow would be with a hangover too!!! NOT GOOD! So, thinking of you.

Love FMS xx
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I really hope this all works out for you. Right now it is sounds really raw and painful.... Hopefully Dad will come around and be sensible about this guy.

Comment

wow, tough stuff. I am impressed with the McD solution (though I am anti-McD)-- whatever it takes! Good on you to not hit the booze!

I hope this blows over. He is your Pa, after all. Has anything like this ever happened before? Do you think he might come to his senses?

Oh tough stuff kiddo. I am so sorry.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

beatle;221132 wrote: wow, tough stuff. I am impressed with the McD solution (though I am anti-McD)-- whatever it takes! Good on you to not hit the booze!

I hope this blows over. He is your Pa, after all. Has anything like this ever happened before? Do you think he might come to his senses?

Oh tough stuff kiddo. I am so sorry.
              Unfortunately, yes things like this have happened before, but in the past I've never had the confidence to actually disagree with him ....... but with my new found confidence I can't keep my mouth shut .......

The real downside is that I cry with anger, so I end up blubbering uncontrollably while trying to put my point across ........

I should be at work tomorrow but don't know whether to go or not .........

Thanks everyone, BB xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Sorry to hear this Betty. Hopefully your dad will come to his senses. You do not need this stress......
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Boop you can only take so much and do not worry about the crying, I have cried at work and yes it sucks but geez it a release of your emotions. No and I mean no one can work with family and not have days like this its just not humanly possible. Ask anyone who has worked with family they will tell you the same thing.

Sammys

Comment

Thanks again everyone,

Sammy's I've worked with him for years and been a yes man/woman but now I won't accept it .....

Love you all ...........
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

Boopster, you don't deserve this and it makes it worse that it's caused a family upset. Stay strong, look forward to your UK meet-up and I am sure with all the good wishes and thoughts of everyone here, things will turn around.

Take care
                      x

Comment

A business IS ANOTHER member of your family with equal importance and can cause just as many problems.
                        I am sorry to hear of your upset but good for you that you stood strong for you.
                        Maybe you're Dad will calm down and think about your words, After all you are his daughter,those years working for him must count for something. Just pride perhaps made him say those things. Hope everything works out O K.
                        In life we can live out our dreams its true
                        the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

If you feel like it is time to say enough, you should. But I would recommend a good night's sleep before you make a decision. You are a smartie Betty. Think it through.
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

It's ok to cry......a very honest emotion....
                            Huggs to you Betty.
                            Love,
                            Nancy
                            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hi Betty-
                              Big pat on the back for stopping at mcd's instead of the liquor store. I'm sure the other guys in the group will appreciate your standing up for them in this way. Hopefully it will jar your dad some and he will reconsider.
                              Hope it looks better in the morning. I would give it a day and not go in tomorrow. Might surprise your dad.
                              :l :l Lisa

Comment

Working...
                              X