I walked out on my job today ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

betty i don't know what to say. what ever does one say? i mean this is family you love em you hate em you forgive em and you know you want to take the whip to em. but above all else you don't share your cheeseburgers.
    seriously, this is way stressful on you i am clear. and you know what sounds like surrender time. you and your dad love each other plain and simple. at least you have your dad. mine is dead and gone. we didn't speak for years as we were so fucking stubborn. if i had it to do again, i'd have made sure we spoke more often. as time is way too short. but working to gether wow, way to complicated. so girl take a spa and see what else you want to do. you know you don't want to drink. so maybe do a dream board of what you'd be doing a year from now. i love vision boards. pm me and i'll tell you how to make em if you have never done one.sorry to say i've done plenty with or with out a wine bottle in hand. still fun to do and you'd be surprised how it unfolds. dream boards........ sending you my love girlie
    :welcome:

Comment

Hi betty, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. New found confidence though sounds great and perhaps now is a time for change? Its horrible being at logger-heads with family, maybe you should sit your dad down and give him a good talking to!!! I think I would do that and let him know clearly how it is. good luck. Bella xxx

Comment

BB - howz you doing? Just thinking of you and wonderin what you decided to do about work today.... Yes, control freaks are scary - we say they'll never get under OUR skin but.... been there and got the T-shirt! Maybe your Dad has seen this now about his 'buddy' and feels a bit of a wally.... takes guys (espacially dads!) a while to take a stand and admit it....perhaps he hopes the problem will just 'go away'....and when he realises it'll be you that 'goes away'....well, he'll 'get at it'.

Hope so anyways - but celebrate in the fact that your response is strong and different to the past- PROGRESS!!!

(I see we got ourselves some talking to do on Sat!!! FLORIDA! Wow!)

Love FMS xxx
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Betty

Thinking of you. You are strong and will get through this. Well done on the trip to McD instead of the off licence. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Rustop

Comment

Well done Betty - on both counts - standing up for your self / others and avoiding the alcohol (but a Maccie D - EEK!).

Stand your ground - let him stew a while and let HIM come to you - I suspect he needs you more than you need him!

Lots of love :l

Satori
            xxx
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Well said Satori
              Thinking of you BB. I work with (for?!) my husband. Enough said.
              Anna :l
              IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
              Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Hi Betty,
                I worked in the family business for 25 years and it is very tough. The drama never ends when you leave at night. There are so many underlying issues that one simply would not find in an ordinary employment situation.
                I agree with Satori; stand up for yourself and you know that he needs you. A company is only as good as the least of its employees and your Dad needs all of you.
                You went to MacWhat? How is your tummy today?
                I'm thinking of you.
                Lori
                *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

WOW once again you lot are all there for me ...........

I actually survived the McD's LOL, tummy is OK ........

OK so I went to work, he said good morning but suddenly had stuff off site to take care of so I haven't seen anything of him. My mum said that he did take it on board and feels miserable about his temper ...........

I'm off tomorrow and only have next tuesday to work and if I know him he will be out again all day ..............

I feel that I don't want to walk away because I have put so much into it in the past years so why I should I walk away when he is about to retire and I will be taking over ............

Lots of thinking to do me thinks ........

Thanks again ............

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Poor Madam Boop, all that thinking makes the smoke rise out of your ears...take it easy.
                    L
                    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

BB- good on you! You're being so grown up about this!!! :bow That's so good to be looking ahead.

Another pat on the back for administration on Saturday!

Love FMS xx
                      :heart: c: :heart:
                      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Glad to see you`re feeling better, BB and keeping your cool about the whole situation.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
                        X