Accutely Intoxicated on Alcohol Prescription Drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read that the autopsy of the woman who died in the Phoenix Airport while on her way to an alcohol rehab was [PHP][PHP]accutely intoxicated on alcohol and prescription drugs. She accidently strangled herself.

Don't mean to be a downer, but how sad.

There but for the grace of God go us.
    Admitting you're an a-hole is the first step

Her reaction seemed so over the top I figured she had to have been severely intoxicated in some form. So very, very sad. Again, makes me question why no family members were with her......
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

yeah. I read that story too. She was on her way to rehab, and she died in the hands of the authorities. It's not so hard to keep someone alive, even if they are intoxicated. She must have been terribly neglected. Very sad.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

On a lighter note!! How fortunrate we all are!!!

It's amazing when you think of it just how dangerous being intoxicated is. I can't count the number of times I've put myself in incredible horrendous situations - but I'm here to tell about it. I should have been a body a hunter found in a corn field. I lived through all that for a reason I have to believe. Better use my time wisely!
        Admitting you're an a-hole is the first step

Comment

That's a great way to look at it-- living proof.

I still feel bad for her though. I mean, how hard could it have been to NOT let her die? I am glad I am not one of those who was posted to watch her. I'd never forgive myself. Then again, I'd never do that (neglect her)... not even if I were intoxicated.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Paddy originally posted the story about this woman.........it is outrageous that she was allowed to die whilst being held in custody.......so very sad.

And yes, it does make me think about all the times I overdrank.........."someone" sure as Hell was looking out for me.........

Starlight Impress x

Comment

We just don't realize how many people are taking scripts of drugs and alcohol. Its everywhere. :upset:

Comment

yes, it is everywhere, that's true. But I just cannot understand how they could be so negligent to let her die. People don't just pop off like that.

Comment

No, surely there will be a full enquiry........someone should be brought to boot over the needless loss of this woman`s life.

Comment

i hold her responsible.

Comment

That story is just so sad.
                      Just goes to show.. she was probably considered "just another drunk"... let her sleep it off"... the common "treatment" in jail/custody...., for drunks...etc
                      So sad.
                      I really can't believe nobody was travelling with her. A family member or friend...
                      I can imagine the lonliness & abandonment she must have been feeling. That's such a very hard thing to do, to "give yourself up" to a re-hab center. It's a very scarey thing. I've done it. More than once. And thank God I had support. But it's still terrifying. I can't imagine doing it alone, and leaving your babies.
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

well, we are all responsible for ourselves so far as the intoxication thing stretches. I'm thinking, what if she was a diabetic. Or anything else in the world. Would she have been treated like that (completely ignored)? She was sick for goodness sake. You don't leave a sick person to die. No matter why they are sick. That is inhuman.

Comment

Yes. There but for "the Grace of God Go I."

How very sad. I have travelled to rehab. Alone, leaving my babies ( not so little) behind with their father and his family, being told what a horrible mother they had. Ignorant, all of them. I came home alone as well. Not even a ride from the airport. Not all of us have support, I'd hazzard to say the majority of us don't.

As soon as I arrived at rehab, 500 miles away from home, someone said something kind to me.
                          I'll never forget that. I had to make sure she was talking to me and not the wall.

It is inhuman, unjust, unkind.....how the addicts, homeless, mentally ill are treated in this world not just by society but by their own families. It's been three years and I'm still correcting the misinformation (lies) given to my children by their paternal family.

This woman's story breaks my heart. I fear she is not alone.

magic xx
                          ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                          I am in the next seat.
                          My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Magic, I'm sorry. I wish I had known you then.

I'll PM you my now # if you'd like.

Definately but for the Grace of God go I....:h
                            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Ah, judy, you're a sweetie. I appreciate that. I wish I'd known you then too.

We are much better now, booted the bugger and his family, LOL!

I have three beautiful teenagers, he is alone now.

I'm just having a bad day, and the thought of that poor woman dying all by herself made me cry. Goodness, someone must have loved her.

:l

m. xx
                              ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                              I am in the next seat.
                              My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Working...
                              X