one week af and feeling like shit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headache,red eyes and sooo tired .Is this normal??

My first string of AF days felt like that. Your body is throwing off all the toxins of alcohol and it isn't easy. Be sure to drink LOTS of water and try to eat clean healthy food.
    I mean LOTS of water!
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Yes, normal you notice every little thing. All the things you used to chalk up to being hunger over are now with you even though you are not. Body is thanking you though!!!

Sammys

Comment

thanks mow , I think I will ,dehydration or something ,but im still happy with myself .Just hoping I will pass the saturday test! Always a dodgy day for me .

Comment

who is the first most normal member Sammys?

Comment

Yes, I'm with you on the Saturday test. We'll make it!
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I'm still trudging thru the friday test.

Comment

The first most normal member is up for debate!!!

Sammys

Comment

Sunday is going to be rough for me, never been to a Packer game without having beer. I am going to have to have whole new mindset.

Sammys

Comment

Limers
                    You're detoxing and your body is going through changes. Hang with it. Rest a lot, do as much relaxation techniques as you can, drink and eat healthy. You'll come through fine.
                    Keep your eyes on the prize.
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Limers,

It is quite normal and it stinks. But it will pass quickly. A short walk or other exercise will pick up your mood as the blood flow increases. Even if you feel tired, try it. The first couple minutes feel awkward then it feels pretty good.

Next week the headaches and red eyes will be gone.
                      Good Luck.

July

Comment

hey.. i recently tried antabuse. on day five now. it helps soo much.. u should look into it, for the beginning as a temporary thing to make SURE you dont go take that sip of alcohol. i would recommend this to people who arent physicallly addicted to alcohol, and know they would not take a sip if it would mean going to the hospital...

Comment

I was EXHAUSTED for the first two weeks Limers, and it just didn't seem to make sense at the time. Now I know that it's normal and is probably as the others say, just the body trying to recover some balance. Remember, alcohol is a POISON and your body has been trying to deal with it, now it has to deal with NOT having it....
                          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

thanks all , im determined this time to make it work ,I absolutly loathe alcohol and have been retraining my mind for the last year or so {since I found this place} that alcohol is no friend but that it is in fact the trigger of all my insecurities and true source of all my anxieties . I really dont want to be in the same place AGAIN this time next year! Its been 10 years of heavy drinking and before that it was 7 years years of drug taking ...things have got better in the last few years but the ghost of alcohol past and present continues to haunt me and its time to lay this ghost to rest and move on ....

Comment

So glad to hear you`re doing so well, limers. Yes, you do feel like total crap at first, but that feeling passes after the first few weeks. Well done.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
                              X