this is hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is hard

hey guys. im on day five. im in jersey with the boyfriend. he is having friends over tonight, theyre playing beer pong right now. it sux. i made sure i took three kudzu today, and i actually feel NOT as badly about not drinking as i think i normally would. kudzu is funny because its hard to tell if its in your head, or if its really working.. ya know? it probably is though. i couldnt imagine being AF for longer than a month. its so hard right now. i just look forward to this month being over. although, alcohol didnt seem to make me happy like it used to, because ive been drinking so much more. like four-six days per week. and it just seemed to take the "euphoric" feeling out of it. they say in 'alcohol prone people', we tend to feel the opiate like effects of the alcohol more than others. funny right? in me, i feel that "opiate" like effect if i drink twice a week. when i drink so often, it doesnt even feel as good. so that is another motivation i have about doing this. its so hard because i have a bf who drinks so often. he got me INTO drinking this much, because he drinks almost everyday. i used to just hang out with my gf's, who dont drink, on weekdays and watch tv, movies, whatever. then go out onthe weekend. or once during the week. but now its harder. this is the worst ive been. i jus want it out of my system for a month, and then im not sure what im going to do. do you guys know if taking the alcohol out of your system brings you back to say, the earlier stages of your alcohol disease? or if you drink again are you going to pretty much go right back to where you were before you took the month off?

this is tough....

this is hard

yup. It's tough. There are no easy answers to how you will be after a month. We are all different.

A month will give you a chance to think about how you want to be afterwards. Day 5 is hard but I found that it gets easier as the month goes on.

Good luck and stay strong.
    Enough is enough

Comment

this is hard

so how are you doing now weaves? and what are your thoughts about what you will do to moderate or go af?

Comment

this is hard

Hi me...
        Congrats on making to day 5, or is it day 6? Those are the toughest for some of us. I hope you are well today and have figured out how to deal with the boyfriend drinking night. Is there a way for you to leave on those nights? As you get farther into your months a lot of things will become clearer.

Good luck, and stay focused.

Namaste,

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

this is hard

hi me145 , im on day 9. I have tried to moderate and then the day comes and boom! It always comes! Those innocent days of drinking guilt free are gone im afraid because the way you view drinking have changed. Talk to your bf and see if hes willing to cut back seeing as its so important to you and maybe that would help? My partner drinks every night too but I dont blame him ,I have to be responsible for my own drinking and my own sobriety . I believe that drinking is shit and were only fooling ourselves if we think otherwise.

Comment

this is hard

hi me it's really hard to stay sober when other people are drinking around you. you must be pretty strong. the longer you go sober, the better you will feel.
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
            X