Frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustration

I have been doing quite well in the last 2 weeks. I can't believe that I have gone 2 weekends without waking up completely sick from a night of drinking heavily.
    Last night I sipped 2 glasses of wine for about 5 hours. I wasn't even that excited about drinking I was busy writing and working on a proposal.
    There is one thing that I have noticed in the last couple of weeks, I am extremely frustrated and annoyed for part of the day, people tend to get on my nerves and I am not PMS.
    Could this be my body clearing itself?
    has anyone experienced this symptom?
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Frustration

I've had some heightened-annoyance periods, and some anxiety at times, as well. I think maybe 1) our bodies are going through big changes and all sorts of symptoms arise, such as this one, and 2) our minds are going through changes too - like being conscious and aware all the time, dealing with life instead of ducking out every evening - which can be a lot to adjust to. (All for the better, of course.)
    What I'm noticing and appreciating about these times that I get annoyed or anxious is that my mind doesn't immediately scream "I NEED A DRINK!!" Pretty cool.

Congratulations on doing so well, Trixie!
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Frustration

yes ,I can snap for no reason whatsoever! and I find some times that I am very intolerant which is not really me ...I have been af 9 days but as you say, its not all day ,just sometimes. Good luck !

Comment

Frustration

like you mow, I don't even think a drink is going to help me, which I think is a good thing. The weird thing is that I am usually a pretty level headed person and it's hard to see myself getting upset and frustrated over trivial things.
        I am just hoping this will go away very soon.

Comment

Frustration

Trixie, when I do a few days af I always feel really snappy, yes it's like pms, and yes it will pass ............

Well Done love, I'm sooo proud of you ........:l :h
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Frustration

Thank you BB. I guess this is what they call mood swings. still feeling them and can't blame it on caffeine or alcohol.
            all I can say is that maybe my body is detoxing

Comment

Frustration

I am still feeling angry and overwhelmed by my emotions, still hanging in there with not drinking.
              will try working out longer tonight, maybe this will help me get off the bitchy horse am on.

Comment

Frustration

I'm finding that Gaba and Calmes Forte help me out when I'm consistent with them. Are you using these supps?
                FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Frustration

I should try that, I was waiting to just ride it out, but it's not my nature to be an impatient rude person.
                  after 2 weeks or more of being sober (2 glasses of wine so far total) I need a little push.
                  thanks MOW

Comment

Frustration

I remember very clearly for at least a couple of weeks after I went AF that I was very quick with my anger and ready to blast. I hated that feeling, on edge and ready to strike! I've read it's very normal. My head didn't want to deal with issues, it wanted that six pack to numb into instead. My head wasn't getting it's way! My advice, is to take the best care of yourself you can while you are feeling anger - resentment or frustration. Lots of sleep, good healthy food, hydrate, surround yourself with genuine and happy people. Pat yourself on the back - You're doing it!!!
                    Admitting you're an a-hole is the first step

Comment

Frustration

I forget that I used wine as a sedative, and it did work. just got tired of it, now all the stress and anger are coming out. today is a little easier than yesterday, so I hope it fades soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X