Labels and Stigma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labels and Stigma

Hey Hopeful - well put. Loved George! I told my psychiatrist you can tell people's personality by the Beatle they liked. I was in love with John Lennon from about 10 years old My psych actually thought it was quite a good diagnostic tool!!

Love yourself too - so important.

Cashy xxxxxxxxxxx
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Labels and Stigma

Cashy,

WOW, what timing! I JustThisSecond posted a reply to your thread about your upcoming interview and possible new med(s)!

Too funny.

All the best to you.

-HopefulNow (loved ALL the Beatles, but was always torn between John and George)
      Taking it all in

Comment

Labels and Stigma

Too funny!

Oh me too -me too john/george- what d'ya reckon that says - both rebels, passionate, political and trying to get us some peace in this mad world?

I dunno...just sitting here so nervous and jumpy - trying to calm down by staying on here to keep mind occupied till interview - I keep having mental blancks about what to say etc - eeek!

Comment

Labels and Stigma

Oh can't stand Paul tho - sorry

Comment

Labels and Stigma

Cashy,

Paul's later oeuvre sorta gives me a rash, too. I liked what he did with the Beatles. But post-Beatles? Meh. Mostly schmaltz, dreck and pablum, IMNSHO. And FWIW, even as a young'n, I wasn't buying the whole "Paul is the CUTE Beatle!!!" thing. I much preferred looking at John and George. Or Ringo, for that matter.

Although I do get the vibe from him that he's not got an over-inflated ego -- seems fairly down-to-earth and decent/humble -- despite what Heather Mills would have us believe.

-HopefulNow
            Taking it all in

Comment

Labels and Stigma

He's just so....Paul! So clean, neat, tidy, wholesome - puke

I guess that's the rebel in me.

Plus he was so mean to George.

Ringo was harmless

Thanks for this - keeping me from nerves. Tho I think we are kinda messing up the thread!

Lotsa love Cashyxxx

Comment

Labels and Stigma

Messing up the thread? No doubt. All apologies.

But conversational twists and turns keep life interesting.

In the interest of keeping true to the subject header, though...I shall now cease and desist disecting the merits (or demerits) of the Fab Four.

Cashy, best of luck with EVERYTHING.

-HN
                Taking it all in

Comment

Labels and Stigma

just had to stick my nose in here--
                  Hopeful and Cashy, you expressed my feelings exactly about those four guys. I will never have to look for words again. Thanks, and that's from a beatle.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Labels and Stigma

beatle,

Sooooooooooo perfect that you're weighing in on this -- LOVE it!!!

TeeHEE, maybe we (you?) should just go ahead and start a "beatle" thread devoted to all things MopTop Fab Four?

I even have an opening salvo to get that thread started: if someone held an AK47 to your head and DEMANDED that you pick one...JUST ONE...favortie Beatle's song, what would it be?

Gosh. That's a toughie, if I do say so myself. Will have to mull that one over.

-HopefulNow
                    Taking it all in

Comment

Labels and Stigma

That's easy!
                      "I wanna Hold Your Hand"
                      It's so sweet & up beat & simple...:h

As far as my fav fab four... for just gazing at...George!

Love John's lyrics...

One of my all time favorite songs is "Imagine"
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Labels and Stigma

Egads, this is tough.

My first thought is "Here Comes The Sun." NEVER get sick of that one.

But then there's "Dear Prudence"

And "Eight Days A Week"

And "Across The Universe"

And, JEEZE, I could go on. And on.

And, well. You see my dilemma.

Looks like I'm gonna get it in the head from that AK47.

-HopefulNow
                        Taking it all in

Comment

Labels and Stigma

Well, my instinct would be Across the universe. But what's instinct worth with an AK47 up against your head? So: Something in the way... wait, no, I mean Blackbird... actually, I think, I'll follow the sun...
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Labels and Stigma

ps. what was this thread really about anyway?

Comment

Labels and Stigma

Hrumph!.....Well, I bu**ered off and made my own elsewhere....!!!! LOL!!! Stigma!!!!

(But, well, OK..if you must....it would have to be...."Here, There and Everywhere.....")

Hey, Neil....are you coming back here with your vision on the topic? (of Stigma and Labels that is!)....I would be really interested in your thoughts....your posts are always really special.

Love FMSxx
                              :heart: c: :heart:
                              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Labels and Stigma

Ha-ha!

Beatles.

I remember seeing their US television debut on the Ed Sullivan show. My Mom (who was 30 or so at the time), was gushing a bit over their haircuts and such. What was that? 1964?

Anyway, I offer "neuro-toxic dependence syndrome", if we are to define the booze beast. That covers a lot of possible things, such as genetic propensity, or bio-chemical deficiency, or emotional factors.

Also, "neuro-toxic dependence syndrome" can cover anything, like tobacco, or drugs, or just about any poisonous substance. In my mind, it removes the stigma, and a lot of other judgemental factors. The "syndrome" nomenclature, implies that total recovery or healing is possible, and that the underlying mechanism can be diagnosed and corrected.

But that's just me.

OH, and BTW, I like that "O-blah-dee, O-blah-dah, life goes on! bra! O-blah-dee-blah-dah!" song, whatever it's really called.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X