Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure

:new: Hi all

I've did AF for 123 days last year after deciding enough was enough. The thing that i always remember about not drinking was the constant feeling of pressure brought on by friends and family encouraging me to have "just one drink".

I felt briliant not drinking but it seemed others thought i was some kind of nutcase. How do you deal with this kind of pressure?

Good luck to you all.

Pressure

This may sound simple, but I have never had any trouble being different than everyone else. Pressure just gives me more strength in a weird sort of a way. I know this doesn't help you much, but that is the way I deal with it.

Comment

Pressure

Me neither - it doesn't bother me in the slightest now if people are dinking around me - or if they are trying to get me to drink.

I guess I have finally woken up to the fact that - for me- the price I have to pay for taking that drink is WAY too high. I just ain't prepared to pay that much any more!

So - I just get on with doin' it MY way.
      Still have a laugh - Still have fun - but withoout the alcohol in my glass

I guess what I am saying is there IS no pressure - unless YOU have not fully committed to not drinking 100% - for YOU.

Hope that doesn't seem too harsh - just the way I see it.

Love

Satori
      xxx
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Pressure

As usual Satori, you said exactly what I was thinking.

We are the master's of our own lives, we are responsible for our own lives and the rewards and consequences of our choices, period.

I am convinced that the only "Real Pressure" to drink comes from each one of us........we drink because ..................name any of a thousand "reasons".............."excuses really"......no one else can "drive us to drink".........we do it to ourselves. That is, until we committ to stop and turn our lives around.

I am not meaning to be harsh either, but this is the truth........and it will set us free!

Love and Hope,
        KateH
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Pressure

KateH1;224171 wrote: As usual Satori, you said exactly what I was thinking.
          KateH1 - Is this the right time to admit that I am your long lost evil twin?

Satori

xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Pressure

Satori,

Ha! Ha! are we finally admitting mom's little affair, all those years ago in Scotland!.You know, Essex is not that far away!!

Have a fabulous day!

xxxxxx
            KateH
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Pressure

I just don't spend too much time with my drinking buddies anymore, it's boring to watch them get sauced and start asking why I am not drinking.
              I tell em I am broke (partly true). they sure as hell ain't gonna share their beloved devil juice with me, or buy me a drink when they can have it to themselves.
              fine with me.
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
              X