Findhorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Findhorn

Anyone, esp. the Scots, have any opinion on Findhorn? I may run away there one day.

Findhorn Foundation: Spiritual Community, Ecovillage and Education Centre

Findhorn

nope...but I might after I have read the link....

Comment

Findhorn

Have known about Findhorn forever. (I'm an old hippy, remember?)

Comment

Findhorn

so wot do you think about it then Froglet??

Comment

Findhorn

I adored the whole concept and believe in the power. Whether it's sustainable in the long term is questionable. Peoples' egos come into play - and often, sadly, get in the way ...

Comment

Findhorn

they even have their own currency. total commune but i love the sustainability factor. i heard about it 20 years ago or more but recently heard a podcast from theatre of the mind on it which brought it back into consciousness. perhaps we should have our own MWO commune!

Comment

Findhorn

yes...I can imagine......so you're saying it would work just fine if no fucker actually lived there...oops....wrong thread

Comment

Findhorn

do we have to make our own underpants from flax lucky?????

Comment

Findhorn

I do know someone who visited there, and I know someone who's mother did in fact run away and lived happily ever after there.. is still there i believe! Have had similar thoughts myself! They own two tiny islands.. but it seems like that would be a very tough life to live. I would love to go for a visit and learn more.

Comment

Findhorn

i am interested in going for the introductory experience week-end. i just want to make sure there is nothing closer to home doing the same thing but i do not think so. there is esalen but it is not the same. see you there!

Comment

Findhorn

They had a thing on Pommie telly a few years ago about Taransay....an Island off Scotland. They had people, families and singles try and live a sustainable lifestyle there which was incredibly interesting to watch, but, as you say Froggie, the egos of some soon came into play. Most involved were really dedicated to the idea though and it looked like it could have progressed well if certain characters had been able to be removed from the area. (actually if I remember rightly they DID ship one guy away as he was just too much of a dickhead ...he kept getting really drunk and abusive............hmmmmmm......)

Comment

Findhorn

is ego the root of all evil or is money the root of all evil?

Comment

Findhorn

Lucky - do it. I really mean that. Although I don't think a weekend is long enough.

and Wee - Get a grip - why the underpants?

Comment

Findhorn

why not,...... nosy

Comment

Findhorn

I was heavily involved in a commune years ago. It was wonderful. Beautiful, logical, sustainable principles.

It started to fall apart for me because of egos. Family A took first pick of the communal strawberries - and families B C D E & F were outraged at the affront. Crikey - if you're going to barney about bloody strawberries -what hope do you have in the greater scheme of things?

Another big issue for me was ... a single, attractive woman wanted to join. The wives collectively voted not to accept her application. The green-eyed monster was alive and well. Shucks - she was just tooooo darn pretty. A potential threat to the collective female ego.

I had hoped for more. But - as I said - that was years ago. Hopefully we're more liberal and non-threatened in our thinking now.

Comment

Working...
                              X