Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Affirmations

Good morning!

I've read and heard that when making statements with the intention to bring something into your life, or to reprogram your mind, etc, it's very important to do three things with the statement. 1) Think it. 2) Write it down. 3) Speak it aloud. I forget the reasoning, but something about getting it integrated throughout your experience.

I've been wondering if it might be a good idea to have a Daily Affirmation thread in which we each can post our own. I believe it would be beneficial for the one posting to do it, and I believe that getting your statement out into the Universe (cyber, though it may be) may give it more umph. Also it could be helpful for us to hear what our MWO friends are calling forth into their lives. At the very least, I, personally, would be more consistent in making affirmations a habit if I had somewhere to do it along with others.

So - what do you think?

(here's what my affirmations are today)

I will not drink today.
    I honor my body as it becomes healthier and stronger every day.
    Each day my mind becomes more clear and my heart more at peace.
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Daily Affirmations

Good idea MOW!!! Have not had my morning coffee yet but will come back to this.......
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Daily Affirmations

I wil not drink today.
      I will not complain today.
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Daily Affirmations

I will be thankful & kind
        more patient & less sarcastic...
        Each day I grow stronger & healthier in every way...
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Daily Affirmations

I usually do the "suggestions" on the hypnotic 2 track at night and then recomfirm them in the morning before getting up.

A typical day is something like:

"I like being sober. I am happier sober. I am a better person sober. I will be sober and happy and a better person tomorrow (or today)." Then I go into the envisionment part, and add whatever specific activities I am scheduled for the next day and imagine myself doing those specific activities in a sober, calm way, feeling good, and being good to others.

It's rather simple, I know, but perhaps I am just a simple person... or need to keep things simple in order to get them through the garbage crowding my head.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Daily Affirmations

Actually, St Jude, yours are perfect... All of those apply to me. I must learn to curb my sarcasm, especially as some people don't "get it", and that takes a lot of patience. Thankfulness and kindness are also important. I see you are a far more advanced and less self-centred person than myself, just thinking of my own needs.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Daily Affirmations

I think simple is key, Beatle. For to live well, it's really just a matter of some simple basics, don't you think?
              I love the envisioning of going through tasks calmly and peacefully. I'm going to try that - there are some things I have been putting off, and dreading doing, and everytime I think of doing them I get all panicky and freaked out.

Comment

Daily Affirmations

yes, the envisioning is something I learned from the CDs. To be truthful, I don't think the CDs helped me much with alcohol in itself, but they have taught me some invaluable skills: One is how to relax and the other is the envisionment.

I find it so much easier to get up in the morning when I have gone through the day's schedule and imagined how I will carry each planned activity out. I feel so much more prepared and calm. (I even sometimes "envision" myself getting up, making the bed, taking a shower, etc... silly, I know, but somehow it gives me grounding.)

Comment

Daily Affirmations

:H Thanks for that Beatle.
                  but really, I need to add that to my list of things to work on...
                  Be less self centered.
                  I tend to get carried away jabbering too much... I'ts not everybody I meet needs to hear everything I have to say!

It's something I catch myself doing ... in person, on the phone, here on the net...just a friggin' jabberwalkie!
                  Maybe I spend too much time alone..and don't have proper people skills...
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Daily Affirmations

I think I lack proper people skills as well. Xcept last night I was at a dinner party, everyone there was drinking but me. And I certainly noticed that they all lacked proper people skills-- I guess I mean proper SOBER people skills. The conversation went all over the place, with no real direction, and every time I tried to say something I was interrupted. I refrained from speaking at all from about halfway through, and nobody noticed. They all laughed at the most banal comments (whilst completely ignoring my presence).

Was I like that once? I suppose I was.

Comment

Daily Affirmations

affirmations:
                      I am who God says I am
                      I can do what God says I can do
                      I'm believing God
                      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Daily Affirmations

Today...
                        I will not drink.
                        My body gets stronger, healthier and slimmer each day.
                        My mind is more clear and less cluttered with negative thought.
                        My spirit is healing and growing strong.

Comment

Working...
                        X