Movie recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie recommendations?

ha - no sports. Very true, morrison. and truth is I can't stand to watch sports unless my kid is playing.

I love good conversation, but I have never gotten the male conversation staples: sports, guns and trucks. At times, I feel I'm really holding myself back business wise or socially, but I just can't change who I am. For thanksgiving, I'm heading to the heartland where football will be on all day and guns and trucks will be plentiful. Quick, someone slip me a crib sheet so I can cram.

But, there are good sports movies, so lets see....
    the replacements, slapshot, rollerball, cadyshack, major league, the natural, breaking away

Hey Dx, we did a number thingy back in another thread. Maybe I do have a numbers thing......
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f7...day-15547.html

fun thread. Need some more lists!!

-d

Comment

Movie recommendations?

Gotta say...I loved spanglish...and One Fine Day...great, cute, warm flicks!! (chick flicks, but hubby actually liked these too). Great one's if you get into mommy type stuff.

And of course there are always the Godfather series (yes, very violent, very different theme here, but also terrific).

OK..My two cents.
      formerly known as bak310

Comment

Movie recommendations?

I have a wide range of movies I like from Wizard of Oz to Pulp fiction. But if you haven't seen Under the Tuscany Sun......something like that, do. It's funny and heartwarming.

And I luv my football GO BRONCOS!!!! (finally) LOL :H and some sports movies-the waterboy is funny, gotta admit

Comment

Movie recommendations?

"Mrs. Henderson Presents" with Dame Judi Dench---whoa!!!
          "Notes on a Scandal" also with Judi Dench and Cate Blanchett---another whoa!
          "Ladies in Lavender"---okay, Judi Dench again. Can you tell I love this actress?
          Jane Jane

Comment

Working...
          X