Be the life of the party this year as the DD and save some lives too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

being designated driver is appreciated, respected and who knows how many lives we can save. It can also be a tool to help some of us stay sober as we carry this extremely important responsibility. Drinking will never feel as good as saving someones life.

be well everyone,
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Good advice and, yeh, on a selfish note, I love that tool. I offer to be designated driver, everyone loves me, and I have an automatic "no drinking" sign over my head. It is definitely a win-win job (for me).
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Way to go D!

I have been the DD for years! It's kinda fun actually.
      NO one EXPECTS you to drink for one thing, so even if you a notorious party animal like I was, being the DD somehow registers in everyone elses brain not to bug you to drink. Seeing your friends get "goofy" is not that bad when you know you are driving them safely home.

I rarely drink at parties now even if not the DD. I am just used to the atmosphere of not drinking when with friends and they are now used to me not being a lush, so it's a non- issue...... if I could get a handle on the drinking at home bit I'd be winning the race!

Be D the DD! You'll like it!

Hugs!
      Katie
      Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
      April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
      wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
      wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
      wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
      wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
      wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
      wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
      http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Working...
      X