Ecological Footprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecological Footprint

This is fascinating. Just click the link below and then click on START.

Consumer Consequences | Sustainability Coverage From American Public Media

Ecological Footprint

Looks interesting Lucky... I started to do it, but ran out of time. I'll check back later after I get through it. (Just didn't want this thread to die before others get to see it).
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Ecological Footprint

Even though I don't live in the States and some of the questions were more orientated towards this I still found it very informative. Not just some silly game is it when you look at the bigger picture. I think I need to reduce my food consumption a lot as I got 8. Nothing new there though as I need to go an a diet ASAP!!!

Thanks again lucky

Love and Happiness
      Hippie
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Ecological Footprint

sorry, still haven't got the time to do it. But bump it up I must.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Ecological Footprint

if everyone lived like a new yorker, the planet would be gone by now.
          my score was high. and I work really hard at not wasting.
          but NYC is not a green city.
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Ecological Footprint

the message here is that every single choice we make has a huge impact on our world that we typically tend to ignore. the impact is rarely neutral- it is positive or negative.

Comment

Ecological Footprint

Everyone should try this, it really opens your eyes. We live a very green lifestyle and my score was still 1.7. Some states have an average of 99 earths needed if everyone on the planet lived like they did. We really do need to cut down on consumption of everything.
              Thanks for sharing this link.
              Suz
              Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Ecological Footprint

Lucky, thanks for that link. It was very sobering for me to come up with such a high score. Here I thought I was a really responsible global citizen.
                Have you watched "An inconvenient truth". I'd like some feedback.
                Lori
                *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X