Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 10 Reasons to Run From AA

[ame= ]YouTube - Top Ten Reasons To Run From Alcoholics Anonymous[/ame]

After watching Lucky's earlier You Tube Thread, I came across this little gem... Another one that strikes home. I am still "recovering" from my stint in AA. Just not for me!

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

MM- I almost posted that one too! Too funny and true.

I think the legal system referring all to AA really needs an overhaul. If I ever got referred, I would get an attorney in protest. There are lawyers who do specialize in making the system acknowledge more holistic treatments. Thank God!

Comment

Yes, you see, it's not just the health professionals who are brainwashed, but everyone else in the world, it seems. My family thinks I'm an idiot and in denial for spurning AA. What do they know? Diddlysquat, evidently. Brainwashed, actually.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Beatle,

When you family hassles you, tell them to go to Orange Papers which will support your decision to be a non-cult member.

All the best,
        lucky

Comment

mixed

I have been mixed w/ the AA stuff, still have lots of friends who it works for, I just get the big L feeling when I "have to pick up a white chip", it is nice to visit, though, and I have, like I said alot of friends who it has worked wonderfully for, but the whole concept is just hard for me.............

just my 2 cents worth!?:cents , there you go, thought there was an icon for that!!

lots of love, feeling like shit, but still hangin in there :l

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Lucky - interesting reading! Ihave never seen the Orange Papers.. whew!

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

oh yeh, the orange papers. I have been trying to get the word out about that for a while. I think I got through to some, but others will always keep the "AA is the only way" mentality. A true sign of a cult.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Great video and so true.
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                X